Disappointed not to see on the bill?

Guest Bluearsedfly

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having just seen the setlist and watched youtube footage of Kanye at Coachella I actually am going to be a bit greedy and say that I'm disappointed he's not playing. Wu Tang and Big Boi will fill my hip-hop needs but he'd be the icing on the cake of my bloated 5 day feast.

He is playing The Big Chill however, with 2manyDJs on after him, thats well worth a day ticket!!

Chapel club, unkle and underworld are up there as they were all tbc.

In the wish list are:

kasabian,

daft punk

foo fighters

and in the hoped for list are

sound of guns,

the lines,

rodeo massacre,

soulwax/2manydjs,

broken records,

My jerusalem,

But then my days are full of clashes already so what more can you ask for than that?

Seeing as both these acts are in the country & playing other gigs during Glasto week, I was hoping that The Avett Brothers would make a triumphant return after their storming Avalon set last year.

I have everything crossed that Ryan Adams may be one of the TBA special guests..Especially since I had front row tickets for his Manchester / Bridgewater Hall gig as consolation, in case I didn't get a ticket in the resale.

Loads of bands doing the rounds this year that I thought were in with a realistic shout, but can't complain with those that are actually there...the one I'm most surprised about is PJ Harvey. New album is magnificent, and she grew up in the general area (not that that really makes much difference!)...still holding out hope she'll turn up in the Park though.

Oh, and for whoever it was that wanted Alabama 3, mate of mine has been taking some photos for them recently and they've suggested that they might still be there. Could be wishful thinking on their part, but apparently Avalon still has some bookings to make...

You are Clutching the same straws as me. I really am struggling to understand why Pulp having reformed this year are not at Glastonbury. Considering their '95 show really boosted their career.

It simply makes no sense to me!

Edited by Lucyferrr

Arcade Fire, Animal Collective, Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti (How has no-one brought him up yet?), Beach House, Deerhunter, Interpol, Les Savy Fav, OFWGKTA, Panda Bear, Toro Y Moi - All have recently released acclaimed material or are currently doing the rounds, thought they'd suit glastonbury very well. Would happily replace the vaccines and wombats with some of these bands instead... a great lineup nevertheless.

NOT ASKING FOR MUCH. :D

Sufjan Stevens

Death Cab For Cutie

Kanye West

Cut Copy

Braids

TuNe YaRdS

DFA 1979

OFWGKTA

Islet

Mafa Lights

f**ked Up

How To Dress Well

Toro y Moi

Memoryhouse

The Shins (recently reformed)

Sleigh Bells

Best Coast

Beach House

Zola Jesus

Surfer Blood

Local Natives

Japandroids

I personally think it's totally baffling how the first 4 didn't make the final line-up.

You could say the same about the rest really. The majority would have recently had new material out and will be in touring mode...so i'm hoping for some to fill the Park stages TBA's.