This Sunday

Guest Alf Tupper

Anyone who has Windows 7 try downloading the new Internet Explorer - not if you've older versions of Windows though. Apparently it's designed to be integrated into the OS, I've just tried loading a few pages on it and it looks fairly lively.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a friend who is an absolute nightmare. She paid the deposit in October but has been deliberating ever since about whether she wanted a ticket; I pestered her on a daily basis during payment week and she didn't pay the balance. She has just texted me to ask if she can try in the re-sale, ARGH! I could kill her :D but in theory is there any reason she can't try it? I assume it would be fine?

Everyone else who's registered for the resale get this email last night?

Dear

The resale of cancelled tickets for this year's Glastonbury Festival will take place at 9am on Sunday, 17th April 2011.

Tickets will be sold online at www.seetickets.com/g2011 and via the Seetickets booking line 0844 412 4635 (0044 1159 934 183 from outside the UK).

Tickets will be limited to four per transaction.

Your registration number is: XXXXXXXXXX

Your registered postcode is: XXXXXX

(Please enter these details exactly as they appear here)

As well as standard Festival tickets (costing £195 + £5 booking fee), there will be a number of Combined Coach and Festival Tickets on sale. These tickets include either single or return coach tickets from a range of locations around the UK.

We have tried to make this year's coach packages as affordable as possible, with all fares lower than 2010 rates. The full timetable and price list for these tickets can be found on the Festival website.

Travelling to the Festival by coach helps substantially to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions produced by Glastonbury - as audience transport actually contributes to two thirds of the Festival's total emissions. Travelling by coach also reduces the number of cars on the road which means less traffic queuing to enter the site and less CO2 emissions from cars in slow traffic approaching the site.

This year, for the first time, ticket holders who arrive at the Festival by public transport or bicycle will be given a Green Traveller lanyard, offering discount meal vouchers, exclusive solar showers, access to compost toilets and a discount on a Festival T-shirt. For more information about the Green Traveller initiative please visit http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/greentraveller

Glastonbury Festival

www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk

http://twitter.com/glastofest

http://www.facebook.com/glastonburyofficial

Love the Farm - LEAVE NO TRACE

We've got our tickets, but need to get another 2 for a couple of my parents' friends.

Pretty urgent, cos if we don't get them my folks will be forced to spend most of the weekend with us, and frankly neither they nor I want that B)

If you are thinking of giving out card details to internet strangers, have a check of their posting history to get an idea whether they are the kind of person you think you can trust.

Make sure you are not giving out your details to someone who has only been on the boards around ticket times, I am sure there are some genuine people amongst them, but this would be the riskiest imo.

I have got tickets for people on previous years and I still find it unbelievable that people will give me their card details when they don't know me. I don't think I would ever do it myself!

I rang one person who I had said i would help when I got an order page up and asked "Are you sure you want to give me your details?" and they actually said "I have looked you up and from your posts I think I can trust you". (Which was nice!) This would seem to be the least you should do if you are thinking of giving card details to an internet stranger.

There are people who have been on these boards pretty much all year round for a few years. You might even be able to find examples of people thanking them for getting tickets for them on previous ticket day threads. These will be the safest bet. Please don't panic and just give out your details to anyone, make some evidence based decisions now about who you are going to trust and stick to it.

If you are thinking of giving out card details to internet strangers, have a check of their posting history to get an idea whether they are the kind of person you think you can trust.

Make sure you are not giving out your details to someone who has only been on the boards around ticket times, I am sure there are some genuine people amongst them, but this would be the riskiest imo.

I have got tickets for people on previous years and I still find it unbelievable that people will give me their card details when they don't know me. I don't think I would ever do it myself!

I rang one person who I had said i would help when I got an order page up and asked "Are you sure you want to give me your details?" and they actually said "I have looked you up and from your posts I think I can trust you". (Which was nice!) This would seem to be the least you should do if you are thinking of giving card details to an internet stranger.

There are people who have been on these boards pretty much all year round for a few years. You might even be able to find examples of people thanking them for getting tickets for them on previous ticket day threads. These will be the safest bet. Please don't panic and just give out your details to anyone, make some evidence based decisions now about who you are going to trust and stick to it.

Here is the information needed in the order it comes up, handy to get it into word beforehand to save a typo!! I have added it to a few threads, hope its useful!!

screen one

number of tickets

registration numbers for each person

postcode (used for registration) for each person

screen two

confirming the names & the primary postal address, this will default to that of the 1st person entered

screen three

email

email confirm

long card number

start date

end date

issue number (if applicable)

CVV number

contact phone number

screen four

confirms purchase from see

And breathe!!! :lol:

Thank you to Spike on Vloody Cloody for this!!

Going off this I'm guessing that as they don't ask for the card holders name that they use the details of the lead person? If that's true then it looks like you might not be able to use the same card details for multiple bookings as the lead person's name won't be the same the second time around?

As we were planning on doing this we might have to rethink our strategy. Anyone know for sure?

Going off this I'm guessing that as they don't ask for the card holders name that they use the details of the lead person? If that's true then it looks like you might not be able to use the same card details for multiple bookings as the lead person's name won't be the same the second time around?

As we were planning on doing this we might have to rethink our strategy. Anyone know for sure?

I booked two tickets for friends in last years resale using my card details - so the lead person wasn't me, but the payment still went through. From that I assume that they can process the transaction solely using the card details requested - without needing the card holder's name. Therefore as it's 4 tickets per transaction you should be fine to use the same card on two separate bookings.

Good luck!

The news of the lineup announcement today is a strange one. I didn't expect it to be pre Sunday to be honest.. It may mean that there is more tickets cancelled than expected (good news for us). However it will provide more publicity for the resale than if the lineup wasnt announced thereby alerting the non-commited as I like to call them (bad news).

It is, and pretty irregular on the basis of past form from GFL. I think there's quite a few tickets going to be in the pot (although as I'm after a couple myself i don't want to get complacent or over-confident as i'd be'd really disappointed if i didn't get a ticket). As you say, i just hope the publicity surrounding the line-up doesn't scupper our chances - although as registration's closed it's not going to attract any itinerant U2 fans (i mean non-registed u2 fans with this btw, i'm not making a racial slur on the basis of U2 being Irish and making a link to the traveller community!).

I doubt there's that many U2 fans who would pay £200 just to see their favourite band play one set. Especially when they tour quite a lot.