Park Special Guests

Guest george424

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before and i'll say it again. After the mass amount of people turning up for Biffy, they will have a small band first if they are gonna have a special guest, if they weren't playing i'd of said someone like Two Door Cinema Club, someone of that stature.

For me the bigger one will be on the saturday after seeing a smaller band, more people will be inclined for Elbow/Paolo WhiteLies etc.. than going up to risk a 'pulp-esque' band play. The you'll see someone moderately big playing.

I'll be keeping my eye out even though i already have my clashes!

my guess is pulp acoustic, i reckon they arent headlining as acts were already sorted and playing elsewhere may impact on the 'legendary' status of their previous headlining slots..doing an acoustic set would mean no chance of sullying their previous appearance

but then i could be talking absolute shit! :lol:

Honestly think there's a chance of Arcade Fire, especially if they're likely headliners for 2013/14. They're free on the Saturday.

There's probably only about a very small chance of it happening, but I think they're the most likely 'massive' band to do it. Especially as they all love Radiohead massively and likely heard of last year's set.

Yeah one of the most popular bands in the world right at this moment. Playing the park. They must have heard of the radiohead set that actually never happened in the park (only half of them as far as I can recall) and thought yeah we need some of that. Play on a tiny little stage that would hardly fit them, a half arsed sound system, I could go on but there's no point! Jesus. Maybe it will be the stones.

I don't reallyclass it as Radiohead. You'd be disappointed if they were headlining pyramid with the two of them. The same proportion of Arctic Monkeys appeared at the Last Shadow Puppets after all, as Matt Helders played drums on 'The Age of the Understatement'. Admittedly it wasn't AM material, but still.

The special guests are not going to be a band that aren't currently active eg The Libertines, The Stone Roses etc. It would be nice, but let's keep our feet on the ground.

Personally, I think one of the slots will definitely feature Jack White. He seems to appreciate the festival and has already done a special guest slot before. He's been at most of ones since the year off in 2006 as well.

Also, as far as we know, ( and correct me if I'm wrong Neil), the slots may not even be booked yet.

I don't reallyclass it as Radiohead. You'd be disappointed if they were headlining pyramid with the two of them. The same proportion of Arctic Monkeys appeared at the Last Shadow Puppets after all, as Matt Helders played drums on 'The Age of the Understatement'. Admittedly it wasn't AM material, but still.

The special guests are not going to be a band that aren't currently active eg The Libertines, The Stone Roses etc. It would be nice, but let's keep our feet on the ground.

Personally, I think one of the slots will definitely feature Jack White. He seems to appreciate the festival and has already done a special guest slot before. He's been at most of ones since the year off in 2006 as well.

Also, as far as we know, ( and correct me if I'm wrong Neil), the slots may not even be booked yet.