2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need for the sarcasm, I've been going to Leeds for years and know exactly what the festival is about.

So you think BBC are far too high at R/L, but at T they are low because of the festival's pop base? Not because their lineup is stronger?

Met Lower Than Atlantis at Takedown festival yesterday. Asked them if they will be at R&L and I got a maybe with a cheeky wink. That's either a confirmation, or he really liked me..

The Stone Roses are the single most important British band since The Beatles. Frank Gallagher said it on Shameless, it must be true ;) joking aside, I think they are easily in the Top 5 British bands of all time in terms of impact and influence.

It's an interesting argument but it would never have a definitive or proven answer as it would always depend on those involved. The same argument with different people could produce wildly different results.

I obviously don't :L I was just saying what i thought, which I now except as being wrong, no need to get arsey about it really. The Stone Roses are above Oasis though. Oasis are one of my favourite bands ever, but The Beatles + The Stone Roses=Oasis :L just kidding. But even Liam said that without going to see The Stone Roses he wouldnt have been in a band.

I think you could make the argument that Oasis were just as influential and had just as much of an impact as The Stone Roses, if not more. It's not a particularly pleasant thing to consider and it's galling given that without the Roses there'd be no Oasis, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.