2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I can tell they've only played the main stage last year, so they lost out to The Joy Formidable (by about an hour). Also did they ever play the BBC Introducing properly or just as part of the Thursday night entertainment at Leeds?

Why not? Not saying he does, but being great friends and toured in the U.S, if Ten D weren't happy to take a slot lower that 3rd, a word from Grohl if needed I reckon would help. Not saying this is the case, just in the case that it was.

what is the percentage of the D being announced then Neil? It say's tbc. Just worried about the slots being taken that they would normally do :S

All I can tell you is that I believe they'll be playing - I had info from two different sources that they would be, and those sources gave me info on other bands for R/L which has all been 100% correct.

But like you I'm having difficulty seeing where they fit in, so perhaps they won't be - only time will tell. I'd always expected them to not be announced as part of the initial announcement because of Download, so in theory there's no reason for me to think it's wrong just yet.

It's sometimes the case tho that I have a band or two wrong, cos that's always a possibility when getting info from a variety of unofficial sources. If this does turn out to be wrong then I'll conclude that it was being lined up but didn't happen in the end for a particular reason - and I'd guess at the reason being the solo shows that D has announced, because they've come about since I got the info that they'd be playing.

There's been a few occasions where a band strongly rumoured to appear high up the bill hasn't turned up. Remember MCR in 2010?

On some occasions the difference between what efestivals has rumoured and what gets announced is due to a change of plans, by the band or festival concerned.

I don't believe that was the case with MCR in 2010 - that was probably just wrong (tho I don't know for sure) - but it's very likely to be the case with Ten D if they don't appear at Reading after all this year. The info I've had about that came from two different sources, who both gave only accurate info about other bands who have already been confirmed. I know that the info I had was good at the time my sources heard it, but things don't always stay the same.

And while that might sound as tho I'm covering my arse if it turns out to be wrong (and actually, I am :lol:), just consider this: since I said Ten D would be at Reading, Ten D have announced some tour dates of their own - so it might be the case that it was decided to do those on the same trip to the UK as when they're here for Download, rather than return later in the summer for R/L.

So it's possibly the case that Ten D won't play after all - tho I don't know either way. I trust my sources for this, but there's other stuff which is suggesting it might now be wrong.