2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the stone roses are that big. They have only one decent album, they aren't meant to be that good live on a good day, and can be absolute turd.

I think stone roses are a lazy booking. The amount of festival saturation they have this year means they wouldn't really be a popular booking, and the bandwagon has slowed down massively since they reformed so now the crowd that R/L aims at has lost interest in them.

Just because a band is playing a lot of festivals does not make them any less of a pull in terms of attracting people to buy tickets, the foo fighters played so many festivals last year yet were never marked down as a lazy booking

On Stone Roses, they are a huge act in British music history and while they may only have two albums, their first is often cited as one of the greatest albums ever and not only that but they have been very influential to other bands with a lot of dance and indie acts mentioning them as a big influence so what their legacy has spawned all goes towards how massive a band they are even if its not only their performances

Just because a band is playing a lot of festivals does not make them any less of a pull in terms of attracting people to buy tickets, the foo fighters played so many festivals last year yet were never marked down as a lazy booking

On Stone Roses, they are a huge act in British music history and while they may only have two albums, their first is often cited as one of the greatest albums ever and not only that but they have been very influential to other bands with a lot of dance and indie acts mentioning them as a big influence so what their legacy has spawned all goes towards how massive a band they are even if its not only their performances

I was huge stone roses first time around but have no intention of seeing them. In the same way I didnt want to see pulp, blur or ratm reunion shows.

Still cant get my head around about them being biggest of all time, especially when indie wasnt even mainstream when stone roses were here first time around.

Refused were supposed to be one of the most influential of all time, are they the biggest of all time?

Can someone give me a reason how stone roses are one of the biggest bands of all time? Album sales? Ticket sales?

Think just the fact that one of their albums is often mentioned as one of the best of all time, possibly might not mean biggest of all time but in terms of Britain surely they are up there with The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Oasis in terms of having an album/s that are just fantastic and very well recognised.

Not really seen all of them plenty of times before, but hate reunions with a passion. Although being a hypocrite I have to see mazzy star at field day festival.

And lets be honest they all split up for a reason(except maybe ratm), there popularity was waning big time.

Yet still you're creaming over At The Drive In. I think its you that is making yourself look silly with your hypocrisy.

i like the way you pick on one little point and use that as your way of beating people down too, rather pedantic.

Did you see Pulp at R/L last year? One of the best live sets I've witnessed, that and their Glasto performance proved they still have it. I don't see why bands can't reform, it gives people the chance to re-capture the past once more or younger people to see them for the first time, although it seems more legitimate when they release new material (something Pulp have yet to do).