2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a bit young to hear of ATD-I first time round, and when there was all the hype around the reunion i thought i should check them out.

Got to say there not worth the hype. They are ok, but ive listened to Relationship of Command a fair few times and i don't know i just dont get it. They sound like every other post-hardcore band to me... Really not bothered by them

However in reference to their live show, i bet musically they'll be better nowadays, back then im guessing it was all about energy but since then they've learnt their instruments & honed their vocals. If they can combine developed musicianship with the energy that used to have could be a decent show for those who like them

You can't really judge a live show by watching footage, there's a hell of a lot that can get lost, once upon a time they were hailed as the best band in world by very high profile music journos and had a massive fan following. Fair enough might not be a fan, but they definitely deserve that spot headlining the tent. The young uns can go watch Kasabian and us old biddys can watch ATD-I, we'll have a cracking time.

Find it really strange they've rebooked some acts that are touring old material. Enter Shikari, Paramore, Two Door Cinema Club, Bombay Bicycle Club, Vaccines have all released nothing since they last played. Seems weird when there was plenty of acts they could have booked who have had albums in between such as Franz Ferdinand etc

Agree with previous posts. Shikari released a quality new album plus Vaccines and Paramore are due new albums this year. Looking forward to these new albums, Vaccines especially.

I'm all for pushing new bands and all that but do they to push annoying ones like Vaccines that may not that have a long term chance of progression just like The Fratellis & Kooks? Booking them that high means they will be unlikely to play the fest again in the future leading to more repeat booking of the usual suspects.

DR OK nailed it.

Been going since 2003 and there is only Katy B, Azealia Banks, Jaguar Skills, Deaf Havana, The Cure and ATDI who haven't played before. Black Keys played Carling Stage in 2003 so maybe can give them that too. That's pretty terrible. 6 out of 41.The figure wouldn't be much higher if you'd only been going 3 or 4 years, either.

Edited by Bradders

DR OK nailed it.

Been going since 2003 and there is only Katy B, Azealia Banks, Jaguar Skills, Deaf Havana, The Cure and ATDI who haven't played before. Black Keys played Carling Stage in 2003 so maybe can give them that too. That's pretty terrible. 6 out of 41.The figure wouldn't be much higher if you'd only been going 3 or 4 years, either.

I know, I meant since I've been going.

DR OK, I thought that might be the case. It must be 8 you haven't seen if I'm being pedantic, the ones I counted + Black Keys and Kasabian who haven't played since 2005. 8 out of 41 bands who haven't played in the past 4 years is a pretty poor stat.