Who Is Everyone Hoping For ?

Guest jonnyisRFC

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty resigned to the fact of MCR, Muse and The Strokes headlining. Apart from The Strokes, i'm not majorly excited about the other two.

But, as always, i'm sure there'll be plenty of other top bands over the weekend. I'd love to see any of the following announced:

Foals

Justice

Mumford & Sons

Bombay Bicycle Club

Pulp

Frank Turner

The Vaccines

Yeah, Arcade Fire was an awesome booking. I doubt MCR will be around much longer (Even the guitarist said so). Although, if Reading were getting new headliners this year it'd probably be Paramore and Mumford and Sons.

I think it'll take another album the size of their first to land Mumford anywhere near a headline spot as a folk (albeit a pop-folk) headliner at Reading would have to be a massive one. Also Paramore are pretty much split up, I think its only Hayley Williams left so she will no doubt branch out into a solo career Gwen Stefani style.

If I had to pick a band who were on their first album to headline in future I'd be pretty much stumped, the Vaccines in a few years maybe? There's not a hell of a lot out there really.

I think it'll take another album the size of their first to land Mumford anywhere near a headline spot as a folk (albeit a pop-folk) headliner at Reading would have to be a massive one. Also Paramore are pretty much split up, I think its only Hayley Williams left so she will no doubt branch out into a solo career Gwen Stefani style.

If I had to pick a band who were on their first album to headline in future I'd be pretty much stumped, the Vaccines in a few years maybe? There's not a hell of a lot out there really.

Edited by jump

Only new headliner I can think of for R+L would be Dizzee Rascal. Headlined Beach Break Live, Global Gathering & Bestival & subbed Glastonbury. One more album. Like it or not, he would be huge at R+L, biggest crowd last year (maybe with Limp Bizkit & Blink).

I could see a newish dance act such as SHM or Deadmau5 headlining a fest but probably not R+L.

If The Offspring, Mumford and sons (who Id put money on headlining the nme tent), Rise against and Frank Turner are announced tonight it will be enough to buy a ticket in the next couple of days.

Im happy with the headliners and I know im not going to know a lot of the new bands playing so if those 4 are on the bill id be happy enough to get a ticket before listening the bands I know nothing about

Too right.

It's not that there aren't any good bands - there are hundreds out there; most being given the tiny respect they are due and others who lay undiscovered - it's just that there aren't many MEGA new bands that can headline festivals and draw in a hundred thousand people, and still retain the same traditional audience that is attracted to R&L. We don't have a new band like Nirvana, for instance.

Edited by Poleski

What I'm not hoping for is.... ;)

Muse

Elbow

Interpol

Friendly Fire

Enter Shikari

View

Frank Turner

Taking Back Sunday

We Are The Ocean

2manydjs