2012 headliners

Guest lharris92

ok i know this may seem way to early to be predicting/guessing headliners for next year but its something to do to kill some time until this years lineup is announced (and to get away from the bickering thats been going on)

my guesses are

Kasabian - Foo Fighters - Biffy Clyro

maybe someone else instead of biffy but i think that depends on how they cope at soni this year

:ph34r:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i know this may seem way to early to be predicting/guessing headliners for next year but its something to do to kill some time until this years lineup is announced (and to get away from the bickering thats been going on)

my guesses are

Kasabian - Foo Fighters - Biffy Clyro

maybe someone else instead of biffy but i think that depends on how they cope at soni this year

:ph34r:

I think it could be Kasabian as by next year they will have a new album out, they have no plans to tour (their own shows) for a while and they would have played all the other fests (minus Glasto which isn't on next year) recently so they would work out as an exclusive.

Kasabian, Blur or Foos and Biffy is what I'm going for. Small possibility of SOAD also but I think if they keep touring they will do Soni. Then Foos could do Download or Reading. If we get Foos I can't really see Blur playing although they could always swap with Biffy and they can do something like Download but I think they are pretty much my only nailed on headliner for next year.

Kasabian, Blur or Foos and Biffy is what I'm going for. Small possibility of SOAD also but I think if they keep touring they will do Soni. Then Foos could do Download or Reading. If we get Foos I can't really see Blur playing although they could always swap with Biffy and they can do something like Download but I think they are pretty much my only nailed on headliner for next year.

Really think that next year might be the year that Biffy get the chance to headline R&L.

Given the fact that each album they make seems to be gaining them more and more commercial success, and that they have started to write the new one according to Gigwise, I think 2012 could be their year (unless the new album bombs of course)

So, Biffy

Foos

Surprise headliner that no-one predicts :P, perhaps the Killers

The problem with Soni though is with the big attraction band they want them to headline all of the euro Soni dates, that's why RATM went with Download last year.

Foos & Green Day don't exactly have the same audience, the difference between the 2 are like that of Linkin Park/Metallica, RATM/Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins/RHCP, KOL/Arctic Monkeys who have all headlined together before.

When were Slipknot ever any good? Since they were last booked they've gone onto headline other fests and with Gray's death they have made their presence felt again. It really depends on how the next album does to be honest.

Although I like Slipknot, I don't know what the future holds for them after these soni dates. I'd imagine they are going to take time off for their other projects and Corey looks like he is about to become Velvet Revolvers new singer. That and Stone Sour and talk of Solo stuff makes me think it will be a while before slipknot and when they do come back there will be enough interest to make them headliners.

At current I could still see them play second @ r&L yet I think download would snatch them if they are available next year as they would probably prefer to headline.

I'm also hoping for SOAD, like Slipknot I can see them playing second top at R&L but once again if sonisphere come sniffing they will probably get them as headliners.

Really think that next year might be the year that Biffy get the chance to headline R&L.

Given the fact that each album they make seems to be gaining them more and more commercial success, and that they have started to write the new one according to Gigwise, I think 2012 could be their year (unless the new album bombs of course)

So, Biffy

Foos

Surprise headliner that no-one predicts :P, perhaps the Killers