2012 headliners

Guest lharris92

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of the high spot they command at other fests and how irrelevant they are to the R&L now means they wouldn't be booked in favour of band that would be in that kind of spot.

There is the counter arguement of Manics but they suddenly became intresting again to R&L crowd unlike Stereophonics who are still living on past glories.

Because of the high spot they command at other fests and how irrelevant they are to the R&L now means they wouldn't be booked in favour of band that would be in that kind of spot.

There is the counter arguement of Manics but they suddenly became intresting again to R&L crowd unlike Stereophonics who are still living on past glories.

makes sense. but having seen them at V 2/3 years ago (when they were beyond irrelevant) i remember thinking that as much as the crowd seemed to be enjoying it, their back catalogue (even if you only think they have 1 or 2 good albums, they can still fill a set with hits) warranted a better festival with a better crowd. i hope they play r/l again some day as i think they'd go down similarly to feeder - sure they're incredibly irrelevant and haven't released anything special in years, but they've got a setlist built for festivals that i think you'd have to be in a pretty bad mood to actively dislike.

/imho.

and the point still stands that there is room for irrelevance at a festival. i'd happily see 1 or 2 of the 6 headliner/sub spots taken up by an irrelevant band if they've got as good a back catalogue as phonics/manics/feeder.

( ^ i'm not putting manics in the same group as stereophonics or feeder, just using all the bands mentioned so far as an example!)

Edited by harderfaster

I went to see Metalica, RATM & the manics in 08. All were exceptional. I think the problem for the manics came about because they were up against the only huge indie band of the weekend and all the indie fans went to see the killers.

I'd say if they had have been second or third top instead of up against any of those three headliners they would have pulled a much beiiger crowd. Those three were massive headliners.

Edited by jump