Uninspired by muse

Guest pink_triangle

what people need to remember is that a big chunk of the reading/leeds customer base is pretty young, I would say the youngest out of all the major festivals.

so a pretty big chunk have not seen muse before. Also you got to remember alot of people of the forum have been to the likes of reading/leeds a fair few times and have seen most of the headliners doing the rounds, it will be alot of peoples first festival and having muse headline is a very inspired choice for them.

muse, kol, foos, metallica have all done the rounds but for alot it will be there first time seeing these bands.

so for us festival veterans its very rare to have inspiring bands headline, for newbies allt hey want is muse, kol, foos etc etc.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how you've missed them then, as they have both been all over the tour circuit for the last 2 years or so!

Muse are still my favourite band but the O2 gig also dissapointed me, way too staged and over rehearsed, but they did save it by playing Cave and dropping Feeling Good! Wembley last September they did put on a hell of a show but the setlist on the Friday was crap.

Kinda wish they would go off for a while and come back when they have something new. Going to go for The Strokes & Pulp day ticket I think (providing the rumours are true!)

See, I'm obviously a bit weird because I think they're alright, I don't love them or hate them, and I'm one of the last people in christendom to have not seen them live. Hence, if they're headlining the Sunday at Leeds I and Mrs. Megabowl may well be making the trip.

They are a bit over-exposed though. To everyone but me anyway.

I f**king love muse.

apart from the fact they're doctorates at my uni and do f**k all.

give us a lecture muse. please

on the other note i was really blazzay bout seeing them at wembly this year after i saw them at glasto

was f**king amazing

they'll be amazing

everytime i go see a band a 2nd time ur a bit meh, but u remember how much you love the music and then it becoems amaizng

i definately think muse is a safe bet, but i think that's just what reading needs. i've been to the last two reading festivals and have seen all 6 headliners. the only headline act i can genuinly say was a worthy headline act was arcade fire in 2010, but even then not many people turned up. everyone knows how kings of leon and guns n roses were bad bookings. even though many people don't like muse anymore they'll still draw a big crowd and are guaranteed to produce an awesome show!

i definately think muse is a safe bet, but i think that's just what reading needs. i've been to the last two reading festivals and have seen all 6 headliners. the only headline act i can genuinly say was a worthy headline act was arcade fire in 2010, but even then not many people turned up. everyone knows how kings of leon and guns n roses were bad bookings. even though many people don't like muse anymore they'll still draw a big crowd and are guaranteed to produce an awesome show!

I was late to the party, they blew me away in 2007 and I've been a convert ever since.

The only annoying thing about them getting popular is having to put up with all of the 'real' fans moaning about it. As Dave says there's nothing wrong with being late to the party, it's those who were early and then leave complaining that it's got too busy for them and isn't 'their' party any more that's the arseache.

I was late to the party, they blew me away in 2007 and I've been a convert ever since.

The only annoying thing about them getting popular is having to put up with all of the 'real' fans moaning about it. As Dave says there's nothing wrong with being late to the party, it's those who were early and then leave complaining that it's got too busy for them and isn't 'their' party any more that's the arseache.