Uninspired by muse

Guest pink_triangle

Five years ago a strong muse rumour would have excited me and there would have been a lot of discussion on here. For some reason now I just feel a lot of apathy. I feel they have headlined so many festivals that they just dont seem special anymore. They cant possibly beat their 2002 performance and I also feel they have got a little pretentious in their music on recent albums. They are very good at what they do, but I dont feel they invoke much passion. A band like blink 182 may not be as popular as muse but people either seem to love or hate them. With muse there now seems to be a big sense of blah. Anyone feel the same way?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's either you hate Muse or you love them. But one thing is for sure, they don't really care due to the size of their fan base. Would be very surprised if a small crowd turned up to see them.

I do admit their albums since OOS weren't as good, but still, they aren't called one of the best bands live in history for nothing.

I'm not fussed either way, but I defintely agree that there's a feeling that anyone who wanted to see them at a festival over the last few years has had ample opportunity to do so. It's not a particularly surprising move but it's a good one for the festival.

Well, I could go on and on about exactly why I hate Muse but after the last thread I did that on, I simply don't have the strength. They're just the polar opposite to everything I love when it comes to music and they represent everything I hate about it too; the absolute archetype of everything that's wrong with the music industry and bastions of an uninspired generation of bands who have lost their own head so far up their own arses to the point where the smell of reality is overwhelmed by the stench of the very shit that coats the noise that bleeds out of their corporate, emotionless, pretentious arseholes they masquerade as music.

And they're from Devon.

And smell.

It does seem silly when people start using phrases like 'you either love them or hate them'. I'm sure there are people that dont mind them but think they could be better or who like them but only as friends because they're not ready for a long term commitment so soon after the last devonshire rock band left them.

Incidentally, I'm quite excited about Muse, all gnomes aside.

I think the reason most people are underwhelmed is that the resistance just wasn't very good. Hopefully, seeing as the resistance tour would be done by then (surely?), we'd get a more career spanning set. The idea of watching muse for two hours (Surely out of the three touted headliners they'd take the biggest slot) ignore their strongest material really doesn't tickle my pickle.

I think the reason most people are underwhelmed is that the resistance just wasn't very good. Hopefully, seeing as the resistance tour would be done by then (surely?), we'd get a more career spanning set. The idea of watching muse for two hours (Surely out of the three touted headliners they'd take the biggest slot) ignore their strongest material really doesn't tickle my pickle.