Re-Sale

Guest Liam_G

Has anyone got evidence, as in a URL, to the rumours floating around that 750,000 people applied for tickets in October, i dont believe this for a second. Everyone i know who attempted to buy a ticket in October was successful.

If this is true, come the resale you are looking at 600,000 people attempting to purchase a rough estimate of 20,000 tickets, not great odds?

Has anyone got evidence, as in a URL, to the rumours floating around that 750,000 people applied for tickets in October, i dont believe this for a second. Everyone i know who attempted to buy a ticket in October was successful.

If this is true, come the resale you are looking at 600,000 people attempting to purchase a rough estimate of 20,000 tickets, not great odds?

I know that there were around that number of active registrations. Whether all those people tried to buy tickets is another thing.

But not everyone who wanted tickets got them, as the posts on these forums from people still wanting tickets gets to show.

Got my 2009 Ticket about 4 weeks before the festival started, that was awesome, a month of rushing around getting supplies and booking travel, which involved getting the megabus to Bristol only to find out the shuttle bus weren't running, getting a cab half way and ending up walking roughly ten miles to the festival!!! Great memories!

surely there wont be 20k tickets available in april? i'd have thought much less than that.

You need a big group of mates all helping you out. we had loads of ppl trying and when one gets through thats basically your entire group sorted if you're in good contact with one another.

its luck and playing the system. the system is the same for everyone.

surely there wont be 20k tickets available in april? i'd have thought much less than that.

I believe it's the case that there's been less than 10,000 tickets available in the April sales since they've done the main sale in October.

I'd expect similar this year, unless it's confirmed that U2 aren't playing - if they're not playing then I expect they'll be quite a number of tickets cancelled.

I believe it's the case that there's been less than 10,000 tickets available in the April sales since they've done the main sale in October.

I'd expect similar this year, unless it's confirmed that U2 aren't playing - if they're not playing then I expect they'll be quite a number of tickets cancelled.

Could be because the news of Coldplay and Beyonce have been all over the press the last week or so, but although it's common knowledge that U2 are friday Headliners there hasn't been that musch publicity around it?

it could be I guess, but it doesn't really seem to make too much sense if it is that.

It is U2, has to be, doesn't it?

I think it's extremely likely, but it doesn't have to be them. There's lots of reasons which might have got in the way of it happening.

But I'm starting to think that perhaps it won't be confirmed until after the resale - that might cause a few people who've bought tickets just to see U2 to return their tickets which of course would be in the favour of those still wanting tickets who want experience the whole festival.

I think it's extremely likely, but it doesn't have to be them. There's lots of reasons which might have got in the way of it happening.

But I'm starting to think that perhaps it won't be confirmed until after the resale - that might cause a few people who've bought tickets just to see U2 to return their tickets which of course would be in the favour of those still wanting tickets who want experience the whole festival.

Does anyone know the percentage/number of overseas tickets sold by any chance? Only, if it's quite high and they all live in Ireland, Greece or Portugual where their economies are even more stuffed than ours (for the time being anyway - although it won't be long before dave moron does his bit to get us down there with them i'm sure) there may be alot of returns as, i'd imagine, it's quite a financial undertaking to come to Glasto' from overseas?

Mhnmm the people who i know who didn't get tickets, were people from uni who just sort of decided they would like to go last year and didnt really try that hard.

Not saying they wern't people who tried hard to get them btw, just out of the people I know and talk to who are going :)

Edited by LondonTom