U2

Guest daley

I just red that U2 are releasing a new album at the start of 2011! Is that not a bit close from their last one??

I know this may have been discussed but do you think we will get a hit show at Glastonbury as they dont do festivals or do you think we will get a show withthe last 2 albums and a few old favourites chucked in?? xx

I just red that U2 are releasing a new album at the start of 2011! Is that not a bit close from their last one??

I know this may have been discussed but do you think we will get a hit show at Glastonbury as they dont do festivals or do you think we will get a show withthe last 2 albums and a few old favourites chucked in?? xx

Edited by Digi

Bono: Danger Mouse May Produce Next U2 Album

@U2, October 20, 2010

By: m2 / @mattmcgee

Is Songs Of Ascent dead? That's the U2 album that has repeatedly been reported as the next release -- a collection of songs leftover from the No Line On The Horizon sessions when Eno, Lanois, and Lillywhite filled the producer role. But Bono has told Australia's The Age that the next U2 album is likely to come from songs that the band has been working on with Danger Mouse producing:

More ambitiously, he has revealed his band is working on three new albums.

The first, which is likely to be released early next year, is being produced by Danger Mouse, the alias for American production ace Brian Burton (Gnarls Barkley, Gorillaz).

"We have about 12 songs with him," Bono said. "At the moment that looks like the album we will put out next because it's just happening so easily."

Bono says a second album is the "club"-sounding one, and that features Will.I.Am, David Guetta, and Lady Gaga collaborator RedOne. :O:O [ PLEASE NO, DAVID BLOODY GUETTA]

The final album would involve some of the Spider-Man songs, but Bono says Adam and Larry aren't sure about turning them into a U2 album.

• 12 years later...

Digging this ancient bit of history out.

So, U2XUV, is that what we're calling it? Colour me curious.

Trying an inversion on how they approached the run behind The Joshua Tree a few years ago and working backwards to invert their discography. Bear with...

Beautiful Day
Elevation
Vertigo
City of Blinding Lights

Zoo Station
Even Better Than the Real Thing
One
Until the End of the World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
10 So Cruel
11 The Fly
12 Mysterious Ways
13 Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World
14 Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
15 Acrobat
16 Love is Blindness

17 Where the Streets Have No Name
18 Sunday Bloody Sunday
19 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
20 Pride (In the Name of Love)
21 With or Without You
22 I Will Follow

That would do just grand.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Digging this ancient bit of history out.

So, U2XUV, is that what we're calling it? Colour me curious.

Trying an inversion on how they approached the run behind The Joshua Tree a few years ago and working backwards to invert their discography. Bear with...

Beautiful Day
Elevation
Vertigo
City of Blinding Lights

Zoo Station
Even Better Than the Real Thing
One
Until the End of the World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
10 So Cruel
11 The Fly
12 Mysterious Ways
13 Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World
14 Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
15 Acrobat
16 Love is Blindness

17 Where the Streets Have No Name
18 Sunday Bloody Sunday
19 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
20 Pride (In the Name of Love)
21 With or Without You
22 I Will Follow

That would do just grand.

Ha - I looked for the U2 thread to post similar and failed. This looks awesome.

6 hours ago, Superscally said:

Ha - I looked for the U2 thread to post similar and failed. This looks awesome.

Had to Google it in the end. My only question is whether a residency show moves to a tighter run-time. (Partially why I strayed to keep it close to twenty songs, but with the album taking up a dozen, ten felt like the bare minimum for other stuff.)

23 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Had to Google it in the end. My only question is whether a residency show moves to a tighter run-time. (Partially why I strayed to keep it close to twenty songs, but with the album taking up a dozen, ten felt like the bare minimum for other stuff.)

Don't break my heart with cold logic. This will be incredible. 

3 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Don't break my heart with cold logic. This will be incredible. 

If you can stretch it past the 22-song limit, can almost guarantee one "new" song will figure at the front end - think The Blackout or Get Out of Your Own Way.

But if it does stretch further, then come on down Sunday Bloody Sunday and Bad!