Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So....

maybe a bit squidgy underfoot on set up day & perhaps Thurs too.

But, no big puddles and no running rivers of mud. Possibly the odd drizzle/shower, but mainly dry. AND cloudy in the evening...so not too chilly at 2am :P

Whoo-hooooooo. :D:)B)

To be a little more positive UKMO and ECMWF are currently looking better than GFS (but UKMO only runs up until the Thursday) and these 2 models are widely considered to be a bit more accurate in terms of UK forecasts.

I think those would both count as a 10, from what I have seen/read, I didn't attend personally. 98 was also a 10 and apparently 85 was a 17 and if you weren't there you are norman tebbit and I claim my five pounds.

Everyone will be pleased with the 3 they are going to get and by the time they get home will declare it a 1, by 2013 it will have been claimed constantly to have been a -3 by the people who just won't shut up about it.

Welcome to the efestivals weather thread.

NFR NFC. Keep it scorchio kids.

*giggles*

I love that even the people who were there can never agree what the weather was like on any given year. It did dry out after the Biblical Flood of 2005 (three months rain fall in about 6 hours and the likes of which I've never seen outside monsoon season in South East Asia) but only because it was really hot and sunny from the minute it stopped. And not until Sunday when it was possible to sit down during Brian Wilson. 2007 was just relentlessly miserable. I have now abandoned taking half my summer dresses and put in two extra thick jumpers and waterproof trousers which are quite heavy and require extra lugging. Which will be a complete waste of time because I wont' need them. Although the jumpers will make a good pillow. :D

NFR NFC

PS has JACKONE finished yet?

So you are saying that you are both Norman Tebbit (evil right wing lord of the undead) and that in the 80s, between plotting the destruction of the NHS, unions and looking for new ways to hurt poor people you attended both peace camps and glastonbury?

I bloody told you!

See? Everyone? I told you! Bloody infiltrators stirring up crap! And norman bleedin' tebbit at that! He always looked evil enough, to be fair you could see it in his eyes.

Edited by Spindles

I was there in 2005 and "The Storm" woke me up, I got up to go for a wee and I have never seen anything like it. Managed to get back to sleep but then woke up soaking wet as my tent was in the middle of a river....but still, I think 2005 was nowhere near as bad as 97/98...they were horrible.

So you are saying that you are both Norman Tebbit (evil right wing lord of the undead) and that in the 80s, between plotting the destruction of the NHS, unions and looking for new ways to hurt poor people you attended both peace camps and glastonbury?

I think those would both count as a 10, from what I have seen/read, I didn't attend personally. 98 was also a 10 and apparently 85 was a 17 and if you weren't there you are norman tebbit and I claim my five pounds.

Everyone will be pleased with the 3 they are going to get and by the time they get home will declare it a 1, by 2013 it will have been claimed constantly to have been a -3 by the people who just won't shut up about it.

Welcome to the efestivals weather thread.

NFR NFC. Keep it scorchio kids.

I've been following my iPhone's weatherpro app which ive been using for two years and its usually really accurate. It's showing it will be mainly dry for pilton up to next saturday with only the odd shower wednesday morning and Thursday afternoon but only amounting to a total of 1.1 mm.

Not concerned about rain at all really. Usually, when scattered showers are forecast for glasto, all the clouds seem to skirt round the site- I've seen this at several of the Glastos I've been to. Anyone else noticed this phenomenon?

I'm more concerned about the temperatures- it says itll get as low as 7•c at night - that's feckin cold for June and I'll be packing an extra fleece rather than waterproof trousers! Far from scorchio in the day too- 15•c but I'll take it! :)

Wrap up warm though people!

Edited by Craigston