Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't usually follow the weather this intently but is it always this changeable? I leave on Tues and I still have no idea what the weather is gonna be like despite looking at all the reports. No two websites say the same thing?? All I want to know is WHAT'S THE BLOODY WEATHER GOING TO BE LIKE????? I'll still pack for sun and rain but even so can we have some sort of consistency pleeeeeeeease.

I think the fact all the weather forecasts are saying different things reflects the unpredictability of the weather at the moment! I live in Bath and yesterday there were several heavy downpours but afterwards the sun came out and it was actually quite warm, then five minutes later the heavens would open again! I don't think anyone can accurately predict what the weather is going to do at this stage. There are so many showers and patches of cloud around it is impossible to predict where and when they will hit this far in advance. I think we just all need to hope for the best and pray that things change dramatically before Wednesday! if they don't then we are still going to the festival anyway and what the weather does isn't going to change that :)

Have to say what a great thread this has been. We have gone from 50/50, to scorchio, to rubbish, to warm, back to rubbish. But after all this, it looks like we may get away with it!

Have to say that apart from the pics that went too far, I actually miss the German girls!

Still, in a few days we will be having such a great time this thread will be a distant memory! Have a great time everyone!

I don't usually follow the weather this intently but is it always this changeable? I leave on Tues and I still have no idea what the weather is gonna be like despite looking at all the reports. No two websites say the same thing?? All I want to know is WHAT'S THE BLOODY WEATHER GOING TO BE LIKE????? I'll still pack for sun and rain but even so can we have some sort of consistency pleeeeeeeease.

Hi Gang,

Have been watching the weather closely, charts, radar, pressure etc. It is very unsettled and impossible to give an accurate prediction for the coming week. Current baramoter trend is down, but sitting off the coast of the USA is a nice big high, will be good if it comes our way. The different professional forecasters are giving different forecasts, which just shows the current unsettled weather pattern is impossible to predict. I think 'unsettled' is the point and there is no sign of a break in this current pattern :(

Piers Corbyn at weatheraction dot com has proved very reliable, however his forecast will cost you £135! His site is most intersting and worth a look, even if you do not agree with his views on global warming.

Hope to meet up at the cider bus on Wednesday.

Piers Corbyn at weatheraction dot com has proved very reliable, however his forecast will cost you £135! His site is most intersting and worth a look, even if you do not agree with his views on global warming.

Edited by Spindles

http://uk.weather.co...pton-Mallet-BA4

Max 14 during the day on Saturday. Yikes, 20 degrees down on last year!

However, I guess some thick socks for the wellies, a good thinsulate hat, warm jumper and a waterproof poncho to chuck on whenever there is a brief shower and it should be fine. As long as we don't have long periods of horizontal rain then having to stand in mud is fine as long as you keep warm (and cider does help with that). All in all if could have been far worse. Time will tell...

http://uk.weather.co...pton-Mallet-BA4

Max 14 during the day on Saturday. Yikes, 20 degrees down on last year!

However, I guess some thick socks for the wellies, a good thinsulate hat, warm jumper and a waterproof poncho to chuck on whenever there is a brief shower and it should be fine. As long as we don't have long periods of horizontal rain then having to stand in mud is fine as long as you keep warm (and cider does help with that). All in all if could have been far worse. Time will tell...