Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

GFS 12Z looks pretty bad actually - rain monday, then potential for some showers wednesday/thursday, then more rain moving in on saturday.

GFS ensembles still show a relatively dry festival with ok temperatures (18Cmax)

latest ECM not out yet...but previous had rain on monday, showering/windy wednesday then settled over weekend. Have to see what next ECM comes up with, and hope GFS 12Z doesn't come off.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think those would both count as a 10, from what I have seen/read, I didn't attend personally. 98 was also a 10 and apparently 85 was a 17 and if you weren't there you are norman tebbit and I claim my five pounds.

Everyone will be pleased with the 3 they are going to get and by the time they get home will declare it a 1, by 2013 it will have been claimed constantly to have been a -3 by the people who just won't shut up about it.

Welcome to the efestivals weather thread.

NFR NFC. Keep it scorchio kids.

Well we had a downpour of biblical proportions earlier in Middlesbrough. This has led to a leak in the bathroom roof and we can't get a roofer out untill the weather improves, so stuck with a leak while it continues to rain. So now thats my sacrifice for a nice Glastonbury

OK. Thanks. But 2005 wasn't a mudbath except in certain localised areas - where it was actually a flood that submerged tents. But once the rain stopped Friday lunchtime the sun came out and most of the site was fine within hours. I didn't wear wellies once that year.

So....

maybe a bit squidgy underfoot on set up day & perhaps Thurs too.

But, no big puddles and no running rivers of mud. Possibly the odd drizzle/shower, but mainly dry. AND cloudy in the evening...so not too chilly at 2am :P

Whoo-hooooooo. :D:)B)