Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

what i remember most about 97 is how it was the first proper muddy year during that mental/hectic period of the festival during the 90s, and the massive upside being that all the thieving f**kers and other dodgy characters f**ked off home leaving a really great up-for-it crowd behind to enjoy the entertainment in much less crowded conditions. Most of my mates aborted too, it was just me and the missus and a couple of randoms in the end - I probably saw more acts that year than any other and the atmosphere was brilliant, despite the mud and cold.

Didn't Kula Shaker (blast from the past!) play twice for some reason? Or was that 98? I remember managing to persuade the missus that the lead singer was called 'Crispy Ian' as a nickname, not Crispian.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DH's update has been posted above, here is a link to the actual post:

Devon Hammer Morning Update

Worth a look that forum lots of interesting stuff there, also I don't think it is appropriate to cut and paste between the forums. If DH chooses to post over there and not here then just read over there (netweather.tv).

That said I am sure DH does not care and I am just being pedantic.

So, in summary, from reviewing the previous 180 or so pages I think we can confidently say:

1)NFR NFC stands for No F***ing Rain No F***ing Compromise

2)Being a paedophile is wrong, but doesn't stop you from running a successful weather prediction website

3)It might rain at Glastonbury (or maybe not)

Kula Shaker played in 97 (replaced Neil Young!!!!) as he'd cut his finger, they also played 98 and 99. Someone must have been keen on them! :huh:

Not strictly weather related but you can see all of Glasto's previous lineups here Just remembered Tony Bennet on the Sunday 98 coming on stage in an immaculate white suite without a spot of mud on him! Everyone else was caked in it head to toe. :P

So, in summary, from reviewing the previous 180 or so pages I think we can confidently say:

1)NFR NFC stands for No F***ing Rain No F***ing Compromise

2)Being a paedophile is wrong, but doesn't stop you from running a successful weather prediction website

3)It might rain at Glastonbury (or maybe not)

i got absolutely soaked 3 times yesterday wearing shoes with holes in them ... then when i got home it was sunny and i opened the skylight above my bed, went for a shower, came back - puddles in my bed.... i have done my bit ... i intend to get very wet later if weather predictions are anything to go by too!! :D:D

what i remember most about 97 is how it was the first proper muddy year during that mental/hectic period of the festival during the 90s, and the massive upside being that all the thieving f**kers and other dodgy characters f**ked off home leaving a really great up-for-it crowd behind to enjoy the entertainment in much less crowded conditions. Most of my mates aborted too, it was just me and the missus and a couple of randoms in the end - I probably saw more acts that year than any other and the atmosphere was brilliant, despite the mud and cold.