The Walking Dead

luckysalt

Season 1 - Go to a place. Stay there for a bit. Place blows up. Move.

Season 2 - Go to a place. Stay there for a bit. Get overrun by either walkers or bad people. Move.

Season 3 - Go to a place. Stay there for a bit. Get overrun by either walkers or bad people. Move.

Season 4 - Go to a place. Get held there for a bit. Escape.

Season 5 - Go to a place. Stay there for a bit. Have a standoff. Move.

Season 6 - Go to a place. Stay there for a bit. Get overrun by either walkers or bad people. Move.

Goddamn this fuckin' show man. I want it to be good I really do but if Rick does another Kevin fuckin' Costner speech I swear I'm going to punch him in the fuckin' neck. That scene with Michone cutting off an epic Rickrant with a flying punch to the side of the face was most definitely the best thing that has happened so far.

Season break? I'm in a coma here.

• Upvote 2

On 12/3/2015, 10:57:27, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

Season 1 - Go to a place. Stay there for a bit. Place blows up. Move.

Season 2 - Go to a place. Stay there for a bit. Get overrun by either walkers or bad people. Move.

Season 3 - Go to a place. Stay there for a bit. Get overrun by either walkers or bad people. Move.

Season 4 - Go to a place. Get held there for a bit. Escape.

Season 5 - Go to a place. Stay there for a bit. Have a standoff. Move.

Season 6 - Go to a place. Stay there for a bit. Get overrun by either walkers or bad people. Move.

Goddamn this fuckin' show man. I want it to be good I really do but if Rick does another Kevin fuckin' Costner speech I swear I'm going to punch him in the fuckin' neck. That scene with Michone cutting off an epic Rickrant with a flying punch to the side of the face was most definitely the best thing that has happened so far.

Season break? I'm in a coma here.

Season 6. Move is a bit premature. 

• 1 month later...

150 was a big disappointment for me, expected a lot more but just looks like seeds being laid down for the future again and Kirkman in the letters at the back as usual ''so much exciting stuff is coming in the next few issues blah blah blah'', he said the same about these past 3 issues and it was just foundations for the future. He has a fanbase stop over exciting them with promises. If he hadn't hyped up 150 as much as he had been doing it would have been fine. 

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, jodieehart said:

I honestly can't wait for it to start again. The season started horribly and boring and quite pissed they cut it just as it was about to get good! Wait's nearly over guys

whattt? this series started incredibly - are you forgetting the Alexandria massacre? granted the second half of the first half of this series definitely took a nosedive, but those first four episodes were great

with the introduction of Negan then you'd hope this second half/the next two seasons will take a step up as he's probably the most infamous part of all the comics (comic readers correct me if i'm wrong)

• 2 weeks later...

opening scene was awesome. glad those two doucher kids are dead. Carl lost his eye! thought they were gonna skip that. end scene with them all fighting the walkers through the town was ridiculous, especially the little single shots of each character chopping away. silly. overall good, not great episode

Fuck spoilers cus one, I haven't learnt the new forum yet and two, you shouldn't be in here if you haven't watched the episode yet!

I just finished so im in, so wow, they really did it and had Carl get shot in the eye! Although it was nowhere near as bad as the comic where basically he has a massive hole through his head, it seems as if the bullet just went into the eye and stayed there.

Gabriel finally stopped being annoying, Morgan kinda seemed like hes gunna stop being annoying, everyone stopped being annoying or they died! 

Negan bit at the start was CLASS. 

Episode pretty much stayed true to the comic, I have to say though I was disappointed with the scene where the walkers found out they were human by Sam, everything from there to Cral being shot, didn't like how they did it, the sound was gone, you didn't see all the angles, I really would have done it differently, in the comics it was such a dramatic and shocking scene and the TV version it seemed like they tried to blur over it a little, almost like a dream sequence, was it to 'protect' the viewers, it wasn't in your face enough. IMO its possibly up there as one of THE most important events in TWD and they glossed over it.

Dunno if it was cus children involved in the scene but it was disappointing.

I actually liked the shot of them all hacking away, it made it seem like they were working as one, which was kind of the point of the episode. Wish I hadn't known about Carl's eye in advance as would have made it more dramatic but glad to see the back of Sam, annoying little runt. Not much else to it. Hope they don't drip feed the Negan stuff, whatever it is. The show needs some direction

Loved that episode. THAT scene was great, imo. I sat there and shouted OH SHIT THE KID IS GETTING EATEN! And then I shouted the same about Jessie. And then when the Carl thing happened I shouted even louder OH MY GOD THEYV'VE FINALLY KILLED CARL! As someone who doesn't read the comic, I had no idea that he wasn't dead :P 

Edited by Andre91

I didnt mind the "slashing scene". I thought it was a good way to show that everyone, especially those who couldn't/didn't before, were able to kill and survive and so as a group in the whole they got so much stronger for the experience. Seeing a glimpse of the likes of an angry slashing Eugene hammered that home I felt...

I still however was not able to "believe" that could have done what they did with the amount of walkers but hey ho, Im watching a zombie apocalypse programme, so not believing something now and then is something one should deal with..............

36 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

I didnt mind the "slashing scene". I thought it was a good way to show that everyone, especially those who couldn't/didn't before, were able to kill and survive and so as a group in the whole they got so much stronger for the experience. Seeing a glimpse of the likes of an angry slashing Eugene hammered that home I felt...

I still however was not able to "believe" that could have done what they did with the amount of walkers but hey ho, Im watching a zombie apocalypse programme, so not believing something now and then is something one should deal with..............

I know what you mean, and I mostly enjoyed the episode (the opening was brilliant if daft.) but believability or not of their actions is a problem, even in a zombie apocalypse program. One week a seasoned survivor will struggle to fight off a couple of zombies, the next a handful of survivors (including previously exposed cowards and inexperienced fighters) can suddenly fight off hundreds of them,

Also, how big is that town? They started off walking in daylight, but it was night during the attack. Must've taken them hours and they hadn't even reached the fence

1 minute ago, philipsteak said:

How many times can you keep saying 'fuck it'? Such an infuriating show.

I dont really care about it anymore. Its not a really good show. Its now more like chewing gum to me. I will watch it if the mood takes me but I can let it slide if im doing something else and then catch up if I feel the want. 

I do however envisage me giving up on it before it concludes...........

That's a reasonable point of view.

I liked this week's episode a lot, but expect that it will be followed by 3 episodes of Rick sat by Carl's bed giving speeches, with cuts to someone or other having a crisis of faith that gets turned around by a long conversation with another character.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, philipsteak said:

Wouldn't describe it as tongue in cheek. Takes itself very seriously. Either way, sloppy writing is still sloppy writing

fair enough (tounge in cheek probably the wrong phrase), but I can laugh at the sloppy writing and that adds to the entertainment. If I got annoyed at it I would just stop watching.

3 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

in the comics it's made a bit clearer that despite what it first looks like the numbers inside the gap in the fence are controllable - Glen is fighting outside the fence at the same time and we see there's still a lot out there. The breach is actually small and the zombles have spread out to surround the perimeter.

Loved the Negan gang bit - looked like they blew up cow carcases wrapped around propane gas cannisters - amazing and better than cgi by miles

Lucky Salt - the bullet according to the talk show afterward apparently shattered the outer edge of the eye socket before exiting (and killing a zomble), and the Sam bit was apparently done like that to replicate certain frames in the comic - not that I remember them.