All Women's Fault.....

Guest Kizzie

Apparently feminism is to blame for childhood obesity, the reason families no longer eat together and a fall in the purchase of dining room tables.

Women see cooking as drudgery and have also contributed to the food industry's success in poisoning us all with convenience ready meals….Also....also, and this makes me really laugh...we (women) infantilise men by making them pretend they have no say in what they eat.

Apparently nowadays men have to rely on someone else to put food in front of them and can't have a say in what they eat… :lol:

Courtesy of Radio 4 (again).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are these "men" Radio 4 speak of?

And McDonalds are the reason kids are obese, thats the parents get out clause anyway.

I experience dinners at the table with the family more now than when I was a kid. I thought it was more of an English thing than a period one. It's much more common abroad than it is here, and has been that way as long as I can remember. If anything, it's a routine that seems to be gaining more interest than it used to (in the uk).

I'm sure half of these kids think their Grandmother is 'Mam' and the next door neighbour 'Aunty Julie'

Going to be a huge number of factors that cause (not just children) to have bigger waistlines compared to the 70's child.

Technology

Relaxed rules/lack of discipline in schools

Divorce/separation/lack of a father (or in some cases, a mother) figure

General Laziness as a result of the above

Salt and additives in food

Convenience

Greggs

Teenage mothers who couldn't give two f**ks about the item in the pram they push to the Post Office weekly (suppose this ties in with Greggs more than anything else)

Cars

I could probably go on...and go in to further detail but as so often happens, I am getting riled by some of the complete bollocks that people come out with

I'm sure half of these kids think their Grandmother is 'Mam' and the next door neighbour 'Aunty Julie'

Going to be a huge number of factors that cause (not just children) to have bigger waistlines compared to the 70's child.

Technology

Relaxed rules/lack of discipline in schools

Divorce/separation/lack of a father (or in some cases, a mother) figure

General Laziness as a result of the above

Salt and additives in food

Convenience

Greggs

Teenage mothers who couldn't give two f**ks about the item in the pram they push to the Post Office weekly (suppose this ties in with Greggs more than anything else)

Cars

I could probably go on...and go in to further detail but as so often happens, I am getting riled by some of the complete bollocks that people come out with

Well i think in a twisted sort of way feminism is to blame. But I see it more cynically as capitalism's fault. In the pre feminist days the man went off to work and earned enough to keep a whole family. Then women campaigned for the right to work.

And what happens? Instead of one wage earner being able to financially support a family, now it takes both parents and a financial subsidy in the form of tax credits to support business interests and to provide cheap labour.

Leaving the poor kids with no primary caretaker and little time and attention.

it's sod all to do with feminism and everything to do with economics.

Well i think in a twisted sort of way feminism is to blame. But I see it more cynically as capitalism's fault. In the pre feminist days the man went off to work and earned enough to keep a whole family. Then women campaigned for the right to work.

And what happens? Instead of one wage earner being able to financially support a family, now it takes both parents and a financial subsidy in the form of tax credits to support business interests and to provide cheap labour.