All Women's Fault.....

Guest Kizzie

Yes, maybe but the word wasn`t bandied about back then was it. Things were very different eh. Funnily enough,today I was watching clips of Mind Your Language and It Aint Half Hot Mum.. I still laughed at em...but immediately felt I shouldnt be because of the somewhat racist and homophobic content.

But, you cant get away from thr fact that they were immensely popular..as was Love Thy Neighbour. Imagine that nowadays??? Hells Flame.

den

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean. Things have changed loads.

Getting back to food, we ate a lot more fat and meat in the 70s. i remember the family having a liking for belly pork, which even back then I hated. We were encouraged to eat the fat, because that was the tasty part. And we had dripping on toast.

I don't know whether I recognised the inherrent racism, sexism, you-name-it-ism of those shows, or whether it was the plain dumbness of them, but I always hated those shows.

why wouldn't I have. Laughing at an Italian because he says mama mia, or whatever, has always struck me as rather a stupid generalisation (which is, in the end, what a lot of racism - especially in comedies - boils down to)

....and a long way from being funny

Bread and dripping !!! You all might as well go lick a tramps sock if thats the sort of thing you like ;)

Just for the record, the area I am referring to was the one recently named as least resilient to budget cuts and also the one named as the worst place to live on a Channel 4 programme. It might shed some light on the portrait I paint of the place...

If you're talking about Stoke, it was third least resilient ;)

I feel like I'm always popping up to defend Stoke - I'm not even from the bloody place :lol:

For the record, the teen pregnancy rates there are the lowest they've been in a decade too :P

No,its not Teeside.. its Middlesbrough.

Theres nowt wrong with Boro. I`ve been to far worse places in the country that Boro.

Same re Hart le Pool. It generally gets a bad press, but once again... far worse places to live/work.

I personally am proud enough to say where I`m from,regardless of what the image is portrayed of it.

Every town has got shite areas...Pool aint any different but if you take it for what it is...ie an insular NE manufacturing town... its ok.

At least its a friendly place which is more than i can say for some places I`ve encountered on me travels.

den