Download 2011

Guest Lithium05

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ticketmaster thing has happened before a few times over the years.. Something to do with a band's name is linked to Download Festival regardless of the year and so sometimes the database links them to years they aren't playing. Plus Andy Copping confirmed they aren't playing and I think with a headliner there would be less confusion in comparison to say someone like Rob Zombie who apparently was going to play, then wasn't and now is again.

I really doubt that Corey will want to give up on Stone Sour so easily.. can see them doing at least Pinkpop, Rock Am Ring, Rock Im Park, maybe Nova Rock and Download. Get some big festivals in, including what appears to be his fave, before joining the other band. It's pretty obvious Stone Sour is his main band at this point in time. Think Slipknot just want to remind people they are still gonna be around and to remember Paul.

Just seen scorpions are headlining graspop.

Do u think they could headline dl on thr sunday? Also ozzy is headlining there too. So that means he plays sweeden rock the same weekend as dl and belguim the week afta.

It wd make no sense if he wasnt playing a fest in uk. And he isnt playing soni so he HAS to be at dl?

On that note graspop metal meeting looks bitchin this year scorpions ozzy subd by judas priest and slipknot?

Mite be making my way to belgium this june!

Edited by thedudeman

They aren't really much of a pull though, I remember tixs for them at the o2 being officially slashed to a fiver as they were desperate to sell and it still didn't sell out.

while I don't know if that's true or not, it was the case that they did something like ten days at the o2 - which is a LOT of tickets to sell for any act.

They are playing in Germany on the Friday and Sunday and System of a Down are headlining Saturday. Where would BJ play?

Then I guess they're not the 3rd headliner after all. To be fair to the source who suggested they might be, he didn't have major confidence in them being the 3rd headliner, which is why they were added only as a 'rumour' and not a 'strong rumour'.

I guess it's possible that they'll play on the Saturday, tho it's also possible that there's been some confusion caused by the UK stadium dates that Bon Jovi have in June and that they're not playing Download at all.

Edited by eFestivals

Im not happy about Linkin park but if it makes others happy then we are all going to download for the same reason to have a good time i'm sure there will be other bands to pick from.

I do think there is still a good chance of some BIG acts to be added

Grasspop festival includes..

Scorpions on Friday and Ozzy on the Saturday so that could be a good start to 'Classic rock sunday' as well as Journey and Foreginer finishing their uk dates a few days before Download starts ??

Also Slipknot are at Grasspop on the Sunday i think, but i cant see them as a support to S.O.A.D OR Linkin Park so i think we will miss out on them this year.

There is a lot of rumours about M.C.R and i think they WOULD support Linkin Park but im only guessing

So come on Download we expect more than 4 bands if you want to sell more tickets before Dec 20th ??

it's just been suggested to me that Bon Jovi might well be the 3rd headliner.