Download 2011

Guest Lithium05

Hmmm Kate Lawler isn't the best source to be honest BUT Kerrang have been correct with these things before

They leaked AGES before it was announced that Lostprophets were headlining and they also said the last time Muse were booked at V that they were playing ages before anything was said. So they have a decent track record.

We'll have to see...

I'd take Foos though, but I can't see it being them because theres just no reason to delay announcing them or AC to keep saying he can't lock the 3rd headliner in, they're playing IOW and TITP it's not like it would be a shock booking

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know its still early days but so far im not all that impressed. i got quite excited when SOAD and avenged got announced but since then its gone a bit downhill. not really fussed about LP but dont mind too much as im sure there will be something else to see. dont understand all this talk about MCR. they can go play in front of heavy traffic as far as im concerned. i thought download was a metal / heavy rock festival not an emo-cry-yourself-to-sleep-weekend-vacation?!?!? will be extremely pissed off if they end up headlining. compared to last year...RATM, AC/DC, Deftones, Lamb of God, Killswitch, DEP, AILD, August Burns Red to name a few, there is a lot of work here still to be done.

So far im hoping the rumour about parkway drive comes through. those guys fookin rule.

and my wish to santa this christmas is to make TOOL headline. PLEASE!!!!! its the only way to live up to last year....

i know its still early days but so far im not all that impressed. i got quite excited when SOAD and avenged got announced but since then its gone a bit downhill. not really fussed about LP but dont mind too much as im sure there will be something else to see. dont understand all this talk about MCR. they can go play in front of heavy traffic as far as im concerned. i thought download was a metal / heavy rock festival not an emo-cry-yourself-to-sleep-weekend-vacation?!?!? will be extremely pissed off if they end up headlining. compared to last year...RATM, AC/DC, Deftones, Lamb of God, Killswitch, DEP, AILD, August Burns Red to name a few, there is a lot of work here still to be done.

So far im hoping the rumour about parkway drive comes through. those guys fookin rule.

and my wish to santa this christmas is to make TOOL headline. PLEASE!!!!! its the only way to live up to last year....

How come Bon Jovi is still a rumour? Neil even replied to the message on here that they're in Germany Download weekend.

I wanted him to go back to his source and ask whats going on? MEH!

the source didn't give me the name with much certainty, so while them as headliner or on the Friday or Sunday looks very unlikely, it might be the case that they play the Saturday. As I know how the source is sourcing his info it would be foolish of me to rule them out completely just yet, but I'm thinking it's not hugely likely that they'll play.

the source didn't give me the name with much certainty, so while them as headliner or on the Friday or Sunday looks very unlikely, it might be the case that they play the Saturday. As I know how the source is sourcing his info it would be foolish of me to rule them out completely just yet, but I'm thinking it's not hugely likely that they'll play.

So are you suggesting that BJ might sub to system?

I've not thought of things in any particular depth.

But I have been given their name for Download by a source, and although the source didn't put as much confidence in it as other things they gave me, I'm not going to fully dismiss it as a possibility just yet, because this source does have good access to some info.

I'm aware that there could be other reasons why Bon Jovi has come to this source's attention which might not be anything to do with Download, so I'm not putting much weight behind the idea that they are, but for the moment I still feel it's worth keeping in the rumours. It'll quite possibly turn out to be wrong, I know.

I've not thought of things in any particular depth.

But I have been given their name for Download by a source, and although the source didn't put as much confidence in it as other things they gave me, I'm not going to fully dismiss it as a possibility just yet, because this source does have good access to some info.

I'm aware that there could be other reasons why Bon Jovi has come to this source's attention which might not be anything to do with Download, so I'm not putting much weight behind the idea that they are, but for the moment I still feel it's worth keeping in the rumours. It'll quite possibly turn out to be wrong, I know.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure why these rumours about Bon Jovi are still around.

I have been looking on their web site and there is a patern of a free day inbetween shows.

They are also playing Dresden June 10Th and Oslo on June 12th that would only leave Saturday June 11th (sysyem of a down date)

And also that would be 3 festival shows in 3 days

I think Bon jovi are to snobby to carry this off nowadays

System of a down will NOT change their date (not for Bon Jovi)

They usually announce the final headliner when tickets go on general sale don't they? I'm thinking it's going to be Pearl Jam. The lack of rumours around the 3rd headliner is strange. Who, realistically is left that isn't already booked or been counted out? Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Nickelback, Rammstein, Tool, Maiden? I don't think the final headliner will be a repeat booking so that rules out Tool & Maiden.