Headliners ?

Guest El4d

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course even a site as Efestivals does on occasion get it wrong...let's hope that this is one of them, or that he's just gone on a wind up to try and mess up other sites predictions (I appreciate this is the long shot to end all long shots.) Hopefully the doubt on MCR sees them moved down to 2nd, with someone moved in ahead of them.

If true, what a terrible set of headliners. I like Arcade Fire a lot, and am interested to see them live, but unless the third albums' out and has done well, they've done nothing to warrant being promoted to headliners from last time. Similar story with MCR. And I don't mind Blink, I'd go and see them out of curiosity, but an argument could be made that they're a weak headliner as well- you'd settle for them as headliners if you've got some strong headliners on the other days, but they're probably the strongest of the three (christ.)

The worrying thing is that this has serious ramifications for the rest of the lineup. If MCR/Arcade Fire can headline, then the likes of Paramore can easily play 2nd headliner.

I'm a massive Arcade Fire fan (seen them seventeen times, including six times at Festivals) and I sturggle to see them as a headlining act for Reading. That said they are one of the biggest alternative indie acts in the world, and their new album could see them make even bigger strides in to the mainstream, but if they are confirmed as headliners it would seem to be a bit of an odd booking for Reading.

And there was me hoping for Blink 182, Beastie Boys and Daft Punk.

I'm not a fan of arcade fire, have they grown/released new material since 07 or have they got a new album coming out?

1 out of 3, isn't that bad...shame i have no interest in the other 2 headliners, which makes it even worse.

Of course even a site as Efestivals does on occasion get it wrong...let's hope that this is one of them, or that he's just gone on a wind up to try and mess up other sites predictions (I appreciate this is the long shot to end all long shots.) Hopefully the doubt on MCR sees them moved down to 2nd, with someone moved in ahead of them.

If true, what a terrible set of headliners. I like Arcade Fire a lot, and am interested to see them live, but unless the third albums' out and has done well, they've done nothing to warrant being promoted to headliners from last time. Similar story with MCR. And I don't mind Blink, I'd go and see them out of curiosity, but an argument could be made that they're a weak headliner as well- you'd settle for them as headliners if you've got some strong headliners on the other days, but they're probably the strongest of the three (christ.)

The worrying thing is that this has serious ramifications for the rest of the lineup. If MCR/Arcade Fire can headline, then the likes of Paramore can easily play 2nd headliner.

Edited by gr4h4m

I'm a massive Arcade Fire fan (seen them seventeen times, including six times at Festivals) and I sturggle to see them as a headlining act for Reading. That said they are one of the biggest alternative indie acts in the world, and their new album could see them make even bigger strides in to the mainstream, but if they are confirmed as headliners it would seem to be a bit of an odd booking for Reading.

Kasabian,Kings of Leon and Muse to be honest are playing somewhere every year and I wouldnt want them at Leeds. Rage played Leeds recently and U2 and Stevie Wonder just aren't a Leeds/Reading band.

Im pretty happy with Blink,MCR and Arcade Fire to be honest.