Headliners ?

Guest El4d

Arcade Fire - Very pleased.

Blink 182 - Meh, its gonna depend on who's headlining the NME/Radio 1 tent that night.

MCR - Bleurgh.

Y'know what would be rubbing salt into the wound? BLOC PARTY. Heaven forbid.

I cant help but feel a little let down :P , but Arcade Fire is a nice surprise. Still got the first lot of acts to be announced yet! Give it a chance :P

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously hope some better bands get announced.... I mean like people have said, Blink, fair enough.

MCR and arcade fire, no... i swear arcade fire played a few years back and 1. weren't headliners and 2. I thought they were pretty crap, definitely not headliner material!!!

Especially in a year where other festivals seem to have got pretty impressive line ups... I hate to admit V is looking more promising that Leeds.... I'll probably go Download and a day ticket at V methinks,save wasting my money at a fest with bands i dont like that much, even if I love the atmosphere there :P

Looks like I'm going to be selling my ticket :/

Really is a piss poor set of headliners

Arcade Fire sub-headlined in 07, haven't done anything to justify giving them the top spot. They're also too much of a niche band imo.

MCR got bottled last time they played, and the idea of waiting in case they have a huge new album isn't good grounds for headlining, I mean it could be major disappointment like Arctic Monkeys this year. Can't complain about blink though, too many people are expecting them.

They're all relatively weak headliners, but compared to other festivals this year, they needed to pulling something special out of the bag, which they really haven't

I know the rest of the line-up could be awesome, but really the headliners are meant to be the selling point, and so far I think that'll only sell to people who go regardless of the line-up.

Rant over, sorry lol.

Poor set of headliners tbh. Blink are dreadful live, MCR make me sick in my mouth & although Arcade Fire are ace they're not a headline act. Fingers crossed Hole headline the tent (as rumoured) on the MCR day.

As far as it being full of kids? I reckon the kids will be at V this year, Blink were big 10 years ago & Arcade Fire are hardly an act to rock out to while you're ripped to the tits on M-Kat. Might be a lot of emo's but they're no hassle, it's the 'trendy' little w*nkers that cause the hassle.

Peronsally quite pleased with this years headliners, even if as stated before they aren't the biggest set in the world.

But ask yourself this, with two "heavy" festivals in the UK now fighting over the top metal/rock acts for R&L to compete with and with R&L always being a bit more a diverse festival, who else is there available for us to have that we haven't had recently?

V's got KoL (last year) and Kasabian (no bigger than our headliners really).

Glasto has Muse (relatively recent and summer shows reducing the draw of having them) Stevie Wonder (Not a R&L act) and U2 (see previous)

Really the only other alternative was Green Day (own summer shows).

Also ona possibly positive note AF couldn't have been that expensive to book and neither can MCR so possibly more money for more big acts underneath them?

Peronsally quite pleased with this years headliners, even if as stated before they aren't the biggest set in the world.

But ask yourself this, with two "heavy" festivals in the UK now fighting over the top metal/rock acts for R&L to compete with and with R&L always being a bit more a diverse festival, who else is there available for us to have that we haven't had recently?

V's got KoL (last year) and Kasabian (no bigger than our headliners really).

Glasto has Muse (relatively recent and summer shows reducing the draw of having them) Stevie Wonder (Not a R&L act) and U2 (see previous)

Really the only other alternative was Green Day (own summer shows).

Also ona possibly positive note AF couldn't have been that expensive to book and neither can MCR so possibly more money for more big acts underneath them?

people complain about the headliners being on rotation, then you list the headliners that are on rotation and give reasons for them not being picked.

Them headliners show no originality, compare to Aerosmith, Stevie Wonder, Eminem. All of the other festivals have a shock headliner of a reasonable size and credibility, MCR were expected just not as a headliner, Arcade Fire being R&L's surprise is hardly special is it, bands like Foo Fighters and GnR were the level of headliner i was expecting, or even some originality with bands like The Who, although not to my taste its something that is better than this shite!

really? i didnt think any of them were even big enough to headline? Arcade Fire i couldnt even name you 1 song and to be honest i dont even know who they are? Blink 182 did a few catchy songs but i thought they would even be lucky to sub!? and MCR, again I couldnt even name you a song by them and didnt they play at like lunchtime in 2006 at reading? surely this has got to be a mistake? Guns N Roses look like theyr available surely theyl be one of the headliners? If not that has got to be the weakest set of headliners for a festival ever!

"Blink 182 - after a few years away, these guys are back and we understand that this year they'll be taking one of the top slots."

Does this mean that blink may be taking one of the "top slots" as in 1st or second on the bill...or just simply one of the headlining slots?