Headliners ?

Guest El4d

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arcade Fire...good - headline material? Perhaps not. Still worth a watch though.

This won't be a wind up. People get so upset when only 1% or whatever of the line up is suggested! There are still 9+ bands on the Main Stage to come, not to mention the smaller stages...

Day ticket for me I think, as usual - I'm still looking out for bands like the Manics, British Sea Power, The National, Yeasayer etc to make an appearance.

Can you still buy weekend tickets for Download? Or is it like R/L where it sells out as soon as they go on sale?

Argh always trusted R/L to have a great lineup and at least one great headliner but this is a massive surprise and disappointment to me! I kind of convinced my friends we shouldn't go to download and go to Leeds instead (as usual) but now I'm gonna look a f**king ass when I tell them the headliners :P

AC/DC vs Blink 182

RAGE vs MCR

Aerosmith vs Arcade Fire

and then read this ..

Is there a large rivalry with Download and Sonisphere? Does their heavier line-ups mean Reading is going to turn to more of an indie festival?

There is a fierce rivalry with Download and Sonisphere. Reading will definitely never be an indie festival. Last year was more of a radio friendly year but this time it will be going back to its old way. Reading has always been the best and this shall continue.

Pathetic.

It could very well be their return to live shows.

And looking at it, I think this set of headliners is comparable to 2004. My Chemical Romance are clearly more deserving than The Darkness. Green Day and Blink 182 are both similar style bands who were returning a few years after their last performance (2nd on the bill), although Green Day were clearly bigger - but didn't have the appeal of no UK shows in 6 years. Arcade Fire and The White Stripes are probably on a similar footing as well.

Clearly not the greatest set of headliners (especially when judged against the competition this year) but definitely not the massive drop off compared to all prior sets of headliners that some people are perceiving it to be.

Any chance of geeting bands like Weezer and the offspring high up then?

We need some bands who have good back catalogues.

Does anyone think any of these three will have a two hour set or will it just be three 1hr 30 sets?

I do think the undercard will have to be strong for me to want to go. I mean in the last two year alone I would say Rage, Metallica, killers, KOL, Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead were all bigger than the three on offer this year. I'd even go as far to say that The prodigy, kaiser chiefs, manics are bigger.

Maybe QOTSA, faith no more & slipknot are bigger if not on par.

I think I need to have a serious chat with my friends. I have a fear that download may sell out soon. I don't want to miss that and find when the rest of the line-up is announced that R&L isnt good in my opinion.

Isnt it highly possible that one or 2 of these are headliners of the NME tent.

It doesnt say main stage anywhere on efestivals little article.

I reckon blink 182 and Arcade fire will headline and my chemical romance will headline NME against one more big band on the main stage like guns and roses or eminem.

Either way im happy!

Isnt it highly possible that one or 2 of these are headliners of the NME tent.

It doesnt say main stage anywhere on efestivals little article.

I reckon blink 182 and Arcade fire will headline and my chemical romance will headline NME against one more big band on the main stage like guns and roses or eminem.

Either way im happy!

I'd be quite happy with Arcade Fire but If this happens I would say they are weak headliners. All these acts are decent but I would say that they're all about second top acts at the moment. I guess we'll have to wait and see.