Christy Moore

Guest pMagog

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took my then 12 year old son to Glastonbury that year for the first time, and I was really looking forward to CM.

We sat there for a bit, and it started to drizzle. About half way through the set he turned to me and said: "dad, this blokes so miserable, he's made it rain."

So we left to see there were any mime artists to put off or girls in fishnets to ogle in the theatre field

I so hope he isn't playing.. i was sat woth friends in the middle of an empty pyramid field a few years back, under cardboard, hiding from the pissing rain, waiting for someone to come onstage and had to endure this arse of a musician droning on for HOURS.. we all came close to shooting ourselves.. i know you can be many other places when he's on, but if i manage to be trapped by him again, i will end my life..!!! (i hear some people like him tho! there's nowt as queer as folk)

I so hope he isn't playing.. i was sat woth friends in the middle of an empty pyramid field a few years back, under cardboard, hiding from the pissing rain, waiting for someone to come onstage and had to endure this arse of a musician droning on for HOURS.. we all came close to shooting ourselves.. i know you can be many other places when he's on, but if i manage to be trapped by him again, i will end my life..!!! (i hear some people like him tho! there's nowt as queer as folk)

If Christy Moore plays, it will be a very special moment.

He's done so much stuff that it's pointless trying to point newcomers towards his best. However, my personal weakness is for his more militant stuff with Moving Hearts. If you want to be blown away by musical perfection and heart-felt conviction then check out these three:

No time for love

I took my then 12 year old son to Glastonbury that year for the first time, and I was really looking forward to CM.

We sat there for a bit, and it started to drizzle. About half way through the set he turned to me and said: "dad, this blokes so miserable, he's made it rain."

So we left to see there were any mime artists to put off or girls in fishnets to ogle in the theatre field

Ah now you know my take in tricolors at Glasto. I worry bout it with U2and now Christy that we could wel see an avalanche of paddywhackery ruining it for everyone. :P
Edited by Tugger2k

Jaysus, now the weather that was something special. I remember ripping up the covering off the pitch to try and get a break from it. Torrential!...just added to the atmosphere though, everybody soaked to the skin, locked and dancing around like idiots. great stuff.

Big Christy Moore fan and Glastonbury is listed on his gigs pagehttp://www.christymoore.com/gigs.php

im wearing this on the friday :P

157125b_5.jpeg

I'm assuming he will headline the Acoustic stage. Saw him at Cambridge a few years back, when you could hear a pin drop at times. Also saw him there way back in the 80s, just after the Irish Republic had beaten England in a footy match (Euros?), and the atmosphere that day was a little tense to say the least.