Boxing

Cardboard Box City

I think a lot of people are predicting a Mayweather win simply because he hasn't lost. I don't think there's much in it.

There may be in fact not much in it, but I dont think its as simple as MW has never lost and Manny has. It may have something to do with the opposing styles, MWs reach and MWs boxing intelligence that has everyone including all the bookies giving it to him, but only just. All things being equal MW wins, but Manny very much could take advantage if an opportunity arises and such an opportunity is all that most people interested in this fight want to see

I think Manny has a chance - particularly given Hatton caused Mayweather as many problems as anyone ever has. The first 4 rounds in that fight were unpleasant and uncomfortable for Mayweather, and Manny does have a similar style so you never know...

But, Mayweather is probably the best boxer I've ever seen at not getting hit, making his opponent miss, and not being caught square.

People may be predicting a Mayweather win solely because he hasn't lost - and that isn't taking in the facts into account...but unfortunately that doesn't make them wrong.

TBF, its what? 6/7 years in the making? Its the fight that was never going to happen. Rarely can that be said and used as hype. Of course everyone is going on about it, even if it is probably too late and both are not in their prime. And sure the fact that Sky are selling it PPV means you are going to hear about it, even if you dont want to

Oh I wasn't saying that Floyd won't win, just that a lot of people may see him as unbeatable (as he said himself). Therefore discounting mannys ability. Either way, on the night it's going to be 50/50

Has Floyd fought anyone as relentless as Manny though? It's a perfect clash of styles.

now the only question is, stay up all night to watch, or sleep until about 4am and wake up to watch (and risk sleeping through it all)

Just had a huge nap from when I posted until now.Going to a party around 10 to watch it and staying up.

I would question the character of anyone rooting for MW TBH. But the fucker will most likely do it.............

I will not be forking out €25/30 for this. Anyone point me in the direction of a good site that streams PPV?

Any probs with the firstrow try VIP Box.

Used to love the big fight nights but its mostly shit nowadays. This has certainly got the magic about it. Hope Mani does it but think Mayweather will just box his way through and win on points.

Watched the build up documentary there. Seeing Roach talking about the fight and taking his parkinsons meds was emotional stuff. Will no doubt fall asleep but anyone who`s watching : enjoy the fight - go Pacman :)

Id have liked to have seen Manny push the pace a bit more and land more groups of punches, but the result was never in much doubt. Floyd says he wants one more match then call it a day, but I could see him going for an extra fight on top to try make it 50-0

since the fight he's said he was injured, but him really saying he thought he did enough to win is way off. mayweather had him in his back pocket all night.

to be honest i'm not surprised, one of the biggest fights in recent times, and was completely dull.

I didn't watch it live, watched it this morning when I woke up (avoided the result) and after the first 3 rounds I could tell it was going the distance with mayweather winning.

Made me laugh when Fury called out Cain Velasquez (UFC HW Champ) on youtube, Cain would absolutely destroy Fury in the first 3 minutes.

However just by you mentioning it, Fury has succeeded in getting people talking about Tyson fury. He knows how to play the media game. There's no way he is beating klitchsko though.