Boxing

Cardboard Box City

18 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Hes fighting Tony Thompson in 2 weeks. Between boxing and UFC theres some good fights coming up. 

And yeah, Frampton/Quigg is a must watch.

Really can't see that being a good fight. Thompson is too old and past it. Not fought anyone of note since 2012 and has lost a few since then. 

2 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

I think it's likely the only reason Martin has agreed to the fight, and the fact he's agreed to it in London is because it's a bigger payday than all of his previous fights combined and he doesn't believe he'll get another shot at it. 

Been wrong before mind! 

Well there is no doubt who the draw is between Joshua and Martin. If Martin was seen as the next big hope, there's no way he would be in London.

• 1 month later...

Damn. first I've heard that. he took a pummelling. still, if Eubank Jr wasn't being such an arrogant bellend it would have been over by round 6.

Kell brook made short work of Bizier, take note eubank, as against people who hit back harder that tactic could have possibly backfired.

I have watched the whole fight twice now. I don't think Victor did much wrong if anything. Blackwell was losing the fight on points no doubt. But he's still throwing punches and still defending himself. Whilst he's doing that it's very tough for a referee to intervene.

Very easy for people to criticise with the benefit of hindsight. 

26 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Sounds like good news on the Blackwell front - out of his induced coma, conscious and talking. 

Good news.

Anyone see Callum Smith on Saturday? Impressive.

AJ this weekend. Looking forward to it. Oh and Hayes upcoming opponent. Errr, who?

9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Anyone see Callum Smith on Saturday? Impressive.

Yes, but still unconvinced he's proved anything as yet. Looks very easy to hit and in with someone decent he'd need to vastly improve his defence. 

Edited by TheGayTent

59 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

The fight showed why you should take titles and unbeaten records with a pinch of salt sometimes. 

Yes, this may have been mentioned before the fight...

On 17 February 2016 at 11:36 AM, TheGayTent said:

Yes in theory it's early for a title shot but this is the IBF title that's not worth a w*nk. 

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

As for AJ he can do what he wants in this division. He has the ability, the looks and the personality. He is a promoters dream.

Ability and looks I'd agree. Promotor's dream? Yes. 

Personality? That we don't know. He's been media coached into a marketing puppet. He's boring, every interview is the same, he has no personality. At least not one his advisors want you to see. 

13 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Ability and looks I'd agree. Promotor's dream? Yes. 

Personality? That we don't know. He's been media coached into a marketing puppet. He's boring, every interview is the same, he has no personality. At least not one his advisors want you to see. 

Yes personality is probably the wrong word. I meant more the way he conducts himself in the media, interviews etc. I can see him being the poster boy for UK sport like Jess Ennis is the poster girl 

• 1 month later...