The Strokes

Guest It doesn't get any better

I would love to see them , but only in a horrible old perv way, feeling as I do about them much like your dad does about the Nolans (or, if you're a young person, the Spice Girls), i.e. in terms of which order I would do them.

a) yes I do know this is horribly wrong; and

:P like even the roughest one would look at me twice (or even once, followed by a grimace and a shudder).

All the indie shit was Oasis' fault from the 90's. Unfortunately, they influenced a lot of these new indie bands... Even the Killers decided to start a band after going to an Oasis gig!

edit: Back on the Strokes topic, I saw them support the Foo Fighters a few years ago now, and they didn't seem very good live. They were trying to play to a Foo Fighters crowd who were rather disinterested to be honest. I'd give them another chance at Glasto, but not too high on the bill.

Edited by plaskins

The band responsible for six years of indie landfill.

Perhaps so but The Strokes have just recently been voted 'ALBUM OF THE DECADE' according to what I heard on Xfm Wed.(Their Album in 2000 I think) and NINE of the top ten were Indie type bands!

All the indie shit was Oasis' fault from the 90's. Unfortunately, they influenced a lot of these new indie bands... Even the Killers decided to start a band after going to an Oasis gig!

edit: Back on the Strokes topic, I saw them support the Foo Fighters a few years ago now, and they didn't seem very good live. They were trying to play to a Foo Fighters crowd who were rather disinterested to be honest. I'd give them another chance at Glasto, but not too high on the bill.

Correction. It might have been BBC radio that I heard it on

LINK to The Strokes ALBUM OF THE DECADE - BBC story

TOP 10 ALBUMS OF THE DECADE

1. The Strokes - Is This It

2. The Libertines - Up The Bracket

3. Primal Scream - XTRMNTR

4. Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

5. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell

6. PJ Harvey - Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea

7. Arcade Fire - Funeral

8. Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights

9. The Streets - Original Pirate Material

10. Radiohead - In Rainbows

"Indie Landfill"... Ya can't beat it! :P

If they're on form The Strokes can be one of the best bands on the planet but sometimes turn up and seem like half the band. If they do play I'd hope there set would be heavy on the first album.

[/quote

Depends how how much Mr C has had to drink !

I saw em headline V and Leeds and if I remember he apologised for being a bit pissed !

:P

I'll be the first to admit I do love their music, and I've given them a fair chance at live shows, but at this point I'm done defending them. They are irrelevant, dried up, and completely worthless live. Not to mention that they are pompous jackasses (minus Nikolai).