MUSE To headline glasto 2010?

Guest Conrax

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why, just my instinct is telling me that Muse aren't going to play this year. Think they'll probably be picked up by Reading/Leeds, for a ridiculous exclusive amount, because they don't have the same imagination for headliners. Probs come to Glasto for 2011.

My guess is still Fri: Radiohead; Sat: Rolling Stones or Bowie (or Kate Bush - we can live in hope); Sun: Prince or Daft Punk (maybe Madonna)

Reading through the Muse boards and these 2010 dates have been posted...

June 11 - Glasgow Hampden Park

June 12 - Glasgow Hampden Park

June 14 - Sunderland Stadium Of Light

June 16 - Sheffield Don Valley Stadium

June 17 - Dublin Croke Park

June 19 - Cardiff Millennium Stadium

June 20 - Cardiff Millennium Stadium

June 22 - Surrey The Oval

June 23 - Surrey The Oval

June 26 - London Twickenham Stadium

June 27 - London Twickenham Stadium

ON SALE FRIDAY 18 DECEMBER

Via E-mail from ticket web...

That rules out the friday, yes?

Edited by glastonbury-ex-newcomer

I very much doubt that these will be Muse's tour dates for next year. I can only think of Take that who could possibly get away with shifting that amount of tickets now that Oasis are gone. Their management would seriously be overestimating their popularity and I cannot believe that they would.

Even if these were their tour dates then they would not be going on sale 7 days before Christmas and would not be leaked nearly 3 months ahead of release date.

As for Glastonbury, I just cannot see it. Younger headliners generally have an album out in the 2/3 months before or after the festival when headlining and Muse would have been close to a year. Hardly a wow booking especially considering when they will most likely have had 2 tours before Glastonbury aswell.

Edited by LondonTom

I very much doubt that these will be Muse's tour dates for next year. I can only think of Take that who could possibly get away with shifting that amount of tickets now that Oasis are gone. Their management would seriously be overestimating their popularity and I cannot believe that they would.

Even if these were their tour dates then they would not be going on sale 7 days before Christmas and would not be leaked nearly 3 months ahead of release date.

As for Glastonbury, I just cannot see it. Younger headliners generally have an album out in the 2/3 months before or after the festival when headlining and Muse would have been close to a year. Hardly a wow booking especially considering when they will most likely have had 2 tours before Glastonbury aswell.

Even if they are fake, Muse could so sell out those dates, their massive.

they couldn't even sell out those two dates in Devon!!

Muse not a wow headliner? Everyone knows there one of the best live bands in the UK at the moment, there amazing live and leave no stone unturned in what they want to achieve. So their first album was released in 1999 and there a younger band like the over hyped crap monkeys?

:unsure: .... how times change. When they were announced as the Glasto headliner around five years back now most folks seemed to think they couldn't pull it off.

Even if they are fake, Muse could so sell out those dates, their massive. The latest album was a number 1 in 16 countries?

Muse not a wow headliner? Everyone knows there one of the best live bands in the UK at the moment, there amazing live and leave no stone unturned in what they want to achieve. So their first album was released in 1999 and there a younger band like the over hyped crap monkeys?

I compared them to Oasis because at the start of the summer they were generally seen as the biggest band in the UK. When they were announced their tour it was the biggest selling tour in UK history. No way Muse would be able to sell that amount of tickets. Oasis didn't sell out one date at Cardiff and Muse could do two??!!! Yeah right.

OK. Muse sold out Wembley stadium... twice in the summer of 2007... and that was after selling out Wembley Arena for 3 nights just 6 months previously. Oasis didn't sell, because they have become almost a caricature of the band they were in the 90's... Muses' Resistance tour later this year has sold out several times over with tickets being like gold dust.

Regardless, the dates are fake, and if you think that Muse couldn't sellout all those venues (if it was real), you'd be hard pressed to find an artist (alive) who would.

However, as I said, the latest album is pretty awful, so that will have a bearing on what happens next year.

The new album ain't awful at all,it's just.....different!!!..Why do you reckon the quality of the new album should have any bearing on next year?.

The band have a heavy duty following who I think would want to see them regardless of whether they rate the new album or not.

Going to see them at the O2 and no doubt they'll be class as per!!!It's the quality of the live shows that will have punters gagging to see them. :(:unsure: