flag ban

Guest daveinafield

did anyone see the news on teletext and i think radio 1 covered it that Leeds/Reading are going to try an implement a flag ban, and that Glasto may follow suit. i know this has been debated before on here but as its now being spoken about by organisers may well be worth ressurecting.

i can see how it would work at arena festivals but how would you stop it at Glasto, i hate the idea of burly security types telling people to put their flags down no matter how annoying it might be, i personally think they add atmosphere, and always look forward to seeing the bloke with the wolves flag.

i make totally home made flags and like to think of it as my artistic contribution

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did anyone see the news on teletext and i think radio 1 covered it that Leeds/Reading are going to try an implement a flag ban, and that Glasto may follow suit. i know this has been debated before on here but as its now being spoken about by organisers may well be worth ressurecting.

i can see how it would work at arena festivals but how would you stop it at Glasto, i hate the idea of burly security types telling people to put their flags down no matter how annoying it might be, i personally think they add atmosphere, and always look forward to seeing the bloke with the wolves flag.

i make totally home made flags and like to think of it as my artistic contribution

Edited by jamiejc

personally i think it will be very difficult to ban the flags from the stages, how would you police it without banning the all together, you can't ban flags on the campsite, to be fair though i am sick of seeing football team flags and england flags, can people not be a little more creative than that?

Chills on the flag hate :rolleyes: The way I see it, any ban will effect those who don't bring them, as they'll have to go through checks and the like. As Dave points out, there is no arena to stop them being brought into.

Just go somewhere where the f**kers don't go, away from the cameras and into the magical world of Glastonbury :D

Edited by Alcatraz

Hey Guys,

Me and my mate will be taking a flag to glasto next year but it's not because we want to be seen on telly or anything it's because we need a flag so we can find our tent when we go back for a kip in the night. If they ban flags then how the hell are we going to find our tent??

Cheers,

BlackHole2006