Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

I would not say festival food prices are fair - they are way over inflated and you pay more than its worth massively. However Glastonbury food is nicer than say V and Leeds which is pretty nasty food in comparison to whats on offer at Glastonbury. Talking about drinks - how is £2 for a tea bag, water and splash of chemically milk in a small cup a fair price?

I disagree...but only slightly! It really depends what you buy. Yes if you buy a cup of tea/bottle of coke or a burger/chips/yorkshire pudding or some of the other food for 5 or 6 quid then it's clearly overpriced. However I got some really nice curries, meze platters, Thai food etc which considering the ingredients that went into them/the size of the portions and and how incredibly tasty they were represented really good value for money!

For example £6 for a damn fine seafood paella is great value (or you could buy 3 cups of tea :D)

jamonjamon3.jpg

Edited by Justiceforcedave

I agree with some bits of the pricing, If you head to the commercial vendors, the burger vans, fish and chip places, anything around the main stages then they will be more expensive, but there are some great deals to be found, and if I remember pieminster pies for a meal are not that much cheaper off site (may just be the places I eat tbh)

the Paella stall is awesome btw, really good portions, high quality and decent prices

ok, so i'm drunk and hungry. because of this i must have a sausage cooked in red wine and served with duaphinoise potatoes. by the way, i'm in a field in the middle of nowhere.

what's that you say? i can have a sausage cooked in red wine served with duaphinoise potatoes in a field in the middle of nowhere to sate my drunken stomach?

then, good sir, take this measly £7, i do believe we have a deal!

and only £4 for a cold pint of lager, at this hour of the day? well why the heck not..

:D

A few people need to get real here.

The food is massively overpriced virtually across the board. In fact I will go as far as to say completely across the board.

There is, however, a big difference between the food stalls.

You can pay £7 for a crappy burger and a few overprocessed chips that in all honestly would have cost 15p in raw materials. Or you can pay £7 for something a little more substantial and different.

Either way you will be overpaying, it's just a question of how you can limit the fact that you area.

I will be buying virtually all my food though- I don't fancy carrying the cooking equipment/food not to.

A few people need to get real here.

The food is massively overpriced virtually across the board. In fact I will go as far as to say completely across the board.

There is, however, a big difference between the food stalls.

You can pay £7 for a crappy burger and a few overprocessed chips that in all honestly would have cost 15p in raw materials. Or you can pay £7 for something a little more substantial and different.

Either way you will be overpaying, it's just a question of how you can limit the fact that you area.

I will be buying virtually all my food though- I don't fancy carrying the cooking equipment/food not to.

All of it? Really? What part of the country do you live in? Because where I am a half decent Thai Seafood curry will easily set you back 6 or 7 quid from a take away and a nice Pie and Mash will easily cost you £4.

Not arguing, genuinely curious!

Yes, vast improvements were made indeed! :)

Definatly, I had to move house about a year ago, and decided to pay more in the way of rent so not to move away from the Broadfield! Sod it I'm going down for a pint after work, if the weather keeps it up I might even venture out into the garden for the first time this year!

I smell summer fast approaching today, judging by the roadkill on the way out to work this morning spring has definatly arrived!

All of it? Really? What part of the country do you live in? Because where I am a half decent Thai Seafood curry will easily set you back 6 or 7 quid from a take away and a nice Pie and Mash will easily cost you £4.

Not arguing, genuinely curious!

Fair enough if that's your opinion. Personally I think it's expensive and although some of it is very good considering you are in the middle of a field, it's hardly top drawer.

I completely agree with Justiceforcedave. If you look, you come across some great stuff for very good prices. Better quantities and prices than some restaurants.

Totally agree, Glastonbury has a far better selection of places to eat than my local area. Of course some places are overpriced and crap but they are easy to avoid just as its easy to avoid a rubbish restaurant at home.

£2 for a cup of tea is a high price. I wouldn't pay that. That said, you could find a cup in the green fields for 50p at one place (can't remember the name) or £1 at some others. So avoid the £2 ones - or take some tea bags, buy a pint of milk each day and make a lot of tea far cheaper at your camp.

I disagree...but only slightly! It really depends what you buy. Yes if you buy a cup of tea/bottle of coke or a burger/chips/yorkshire pudding or some of the other food for 5 or 6 quid then it's clearly overpriced. However I got some really nice curries, meze platters, Thai food etc which considering the ingredients that went into them/the size of the portions and and how incredibly tasty they were represented really good value for money!

For example £6 for a damn fine seafood paella is great value (or you could buy 3 cups of tea :D)

jamonjamon3.jpg

Where is this place?

Also, asked this before but, does anyone remember the seafood place up around the meeting point near the Acoustic Field? Think he packed it in around 07. We need him back. Huge portions of prawns, crab and other stuff in loads of butter, herb and garlic. Outstanding.

Where is this place?

Also, asked this before but, does anyone remember the seafood place up around the meeting point near the Acoustic Field? Think he packed it in around 07. We need him back. Huge portions of prawns, crab and other stuff in loads of butter, herb and garlic. Outstanding.

This as that looks good :) Next to the atmosphere, site and people Glastonbury food comes top! haha

Where is this place?

Dribbling at the thought of that, that guy would be my headliner