Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

So...who's coming to be served posh crumpets by me and my fellow Strumpets in C market??? :P

Got the call I've been waiting week and weeks for today! Woohoo! Cant bloody wait. Working with them the entire summer at numerous festies. :lol:

ME! I love a bit of crumpet me! :P....No really crumpets are yum...whats the difference between Crumpets and posh crumpets though? :P

Decadent crumpets with toppings like chocolate spread with bananas and cream, creme fraiche and blackberries, parma ham, chorizo and so many others. Nom nom nom...and all served up by lovelies dressed in corsets and bloomers. :P The venture is going to be bigger this year too as far as I am aware with more than just crumpets on offer. AND open 24 hours!

Decadent crumpets with toppings like chocolate spread with bananas and cream, creme fraiche and blackberries, parma ham, chorizo and so many others. Nom nom nom...and all served up by lovelies dressed in corsets and bloomers. :P The venture is going to be bigger this year too as far as I am aware with more than just crumpets on offer. AND open 24 hours!

Sounds interesting, defo going have to go there for breakfast or a midnight snack :)Definatly Nom Nom Nom :P

Which could mean Glasto is not for her.

<shrug>

Yup. She says she enjoyed 2008 (her only trip to Glasto) but isn't fussed about going again. Mainly because of the discomfort.

Which is cool. It isn't for us all, is it? :P

But anyway - one thing she will miss about Glastonbury is the food. She loved it.

And there we are - back on topic! :P

So to stick to topic and save me trawling all the way through the thread, where is this growler place and where will strumpet crumpet lucy be?? My other half loves crumpets and I'm sure I'll need a growler at some point.... after the night before :P

Ooooo, that sounds well tasty :P and defo one to add to the must seek out for fine munchies various list I think. Crumpets, yum.yum.yum. indeed. And rather jolly convenient being C market as well I reckon. Close to the regularly frequented Oggies Stall in particular, not far from several other very fine eateries of choice in fact and not to mention possibly on or at least only a minor detour from the *very* well trodden path between the Cider Bus and Brothers Bar of course :P If it is 24 hour then there's every possibility this could become the munchies of choice on the way back to the tent at stupid o'clock just as it's getting light methinks :lol: Nice as they always are at the time, pigging out on an embarrassingly massive bag of doughnuts all to meself on the way back to Ye Olde Tent just doesn't always cut it I'm afraid and crumpets could well be the solution I think !

PS: Is THIS the place ?

PPS: As this is the Glasto Food with pictures thread, I really think we need a piccy to whet the old appetite a bit mind you ... but then again, maybe not as I'm bl**dy starving right now !

Edited by mikeb

Surely sitting in discomfort eating something on your lap from a paper plate whilst delicately balancing a full pint of cider on the ground next to you is what eating at Glastonbury is all about?!?

That place is the culinary equivalent of taking a shower at Glastonbury. It might be nice, but it's Glastonbury - you're not doing it right.

Great post, I totally agree. :P

no need for all that, just slather it with so much butter that it all drips out the bottom :P

i feel a cupboard raid coming on!

I saw the lovely sausages they were great, however my request was an attempt to break up the ponce-off that had broken out.

Oh right OK..well I'm glad you appreciated the effort I went to,to upload it.. :P

Edited by sums98

Ooooo, that sounds well tasty :P and defo one to add to the must seek out for fine munchies various list I think. Crumpets, yum.yum.yum. indeed. And rather jolly convenient being C market as well I reckon. Close to the regularly frequented Oggies Stall in particular, not far from several other very fine eateries of choice in fact and not to mention possibly on or at least only a minor detour from the *very* well trodden path between the Cider Bus and Brothers Bar of course :P If it is 24 hour then there's every possibility this could become the munchies of choice on the way back to the tent at stupid o'clock just as it's getting light methinks :P Nice as they always are at the time, pigging out on an embarrassingly massive bag of doughnuts all to meself on the way back to Ye Olde Tent just doesn't always cut it I'm afraid and crumpets could well be the solution I think !

PS: Is THIS the place ?

Yarp...dont be put off by the Russian writing on the info page about the girls. The page was written on a mac apparently. It will be beautifully updated soon I have been informed.

The girls were opposite Arcadia last year...but the prob with being opposite Arcadia is (apart from not being able to hear any orders(!)...noone is/was around at breakfast time and crumpets equals breakfast doesnt it? :lol: Hence the move apparently and the 24 hour party.

Hmmmm they need to be a fair price (pretty cheap).... considering you can buy a pack of 8 plain crumpets and cook 'em on a fire for less than a quid! (I'm so tight!).... unless there are 'extras' available? *nudge nudge*

Edited by Boris

Hmmmm they need to be a fair price (pretty cheap).... considering you can buy a pack of 8 plain crumpets and cook 'em on a fire for less than a quid! (I'm so tight!).... unless there are 'extras' available? *nudge nudge*

It's served to you by a nice lady in a basque. What more do you want?

Yarp...dont be put off by the Russian writing on the info page about the girls. The page was written on a mac apparently. It will be beautifully updated soon I have been informed.

The girls were opposite Arcadia last year...but the prob with being opposite Arcadia is (apart from not being able to hear any orders(!)...noone is/was around at breakfast time and crumpets equals breakfast doesnt it? :P Hence the move apparently and the 24 hour party.

Count me in for this Lucy. A late night/early morning crumpet is a definite.

can you deliver the above to my tent at 11amish 5 days in a row do you think ? :P

sounds tremendous - now to figure out where the frick area C is

now to figure out where the frick area C is

It's the kinda middle block of market area as you leave the Pyramid I think. About half way between Meeting Point and the stage formally known as JazzWorld on the RHS, just before you get to the Circus Field. Or the area just after the Bandstand on the LHS if you're going through the markets from the Pyramid.

Mmmmmmmmm

crumpets.jpg

Edited by mikeb