Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

Last Wednesday I gave up vegetarianism after 20 years of being a vegetarian! I've never looked forward to Glastonbury more than I have for this one. Ostrich Burgers, Kangaroo Steak, Goat Curry, bring it on. I'm going for the lot. And of course a Growler!!

Hmmmm they need to be a fair price (pretty cheap).... considering you can buy a pack of 8 plain crumpets and cook 'em on a fire for less than a quid! (I'm so tight!).... unless there are 'extras' available? *nudge nudge*

Seen the prices below...

It's served to you by a nice lady in a basque. What more do you want?
That may impress you but not me, what do I want with a lady in a basque :P

It's the kinda middle block of market area as you leave the Pyramid I think. About half way between Meeting Point and the stage formally known as JazzWorld on the RHS, just before you get to the Circus Field. Or the area just after the Bandstand on the LHS if you're going through the markets from the Pyramid.

Mmmmmmmmm

crumpets.jpg

£2.00 for two with marmite at strumpet...I will be toasting crumpets on our fire...£2.00 for 12 With Marmite lol :P

I'm not tight but I am not silly either...I will spend my mnoey on a nice Thai or carribbean fill up

I will be toasting crumpets on our fire...

And where exactly might that be ? Just outta morbid curiosity and all that ... and not to mention the possibility of paying a surprise visit for a quality control inspection of course :P Can't be too careful with crumpets you know, so it's always best to ensure that you're doing it properly by having your efforts officially tested and certified as being up to the required standard by an expert. Although forget the marmite ... nasty.nasty.nasty. eeeewwwwwww ! [cough, spit, shudder, yuk] Might I suggest loadsa butter closely followed by a sizeable chunk of decent cheese perhaps or even a huge great dollop of chunky marmalade or peanut butter or even chocky spread if you must but DEFO no marmite ! Rule #1: Marmite, bad, m'kay :P

As for the indicated prices, of course it's way cheaper to do your own - just as it is with just about everything on site but I didn't think they were unreasonable TBH. The silly amount of do$h I've spent over the years on what seems to have become the customary massive great bag of doughnuts en-route back to Ye Olde Tent could have probably bought me ASDA in it's entirety by now never mind a few poxy bags of doughnuts :P Seems a fair deal to me given that they have to pay for the pitch and staffing not just the materials and all that whilst all I have do do is munch and enjoy ! Maybe you ought to take into account your £200 ticket that enables you toast crumpets by the fire when pricing yours ... although maybe not as you'd have to put your prices up then and £2 a dozen sounds more than good to me !

And where exactly might that be ? Just outta morbid curiosity and all that ... and not to mention the possibility of paying a surprise visit for a quality control inspection of course :P Can't be too careful with crumpets you know, so it's always best to ensure that you're doing it properly by having your efforts officially tested and certified as being up to the required standard by an expert. Although forget the marmite ... nasty.nasty.nasty. eeeewwwwwww ! [cough, spit, shudder, yuk] Might I suggest loadsa butter closely followed by a sizeable chunk of decent cheese perhaps or even a huge great dollop of chunky marmalade or peanut butter or even chocky spread if you must but DEFO no marmite ! Rule #1: Marmite, bad, m'kay :P

As for the indicated prices, of course it's way cheaper to do your own - just as it is with just about everything on site but I didn't think they were unreasonable TBH. The silly amount of do$h I've spent over the years on what seems to have become the customary massive great bag of doughnuts en-route back to Ye Olde Tent could have probably bought me ASDA in it's entirety by now never mind a few poxy bags of doughnuts :P Seems a fair deal to me given that they have to pay for the pitch and staffing not just the materials and all that whilst all I have do do is munch and enjoy ! Maybe you ought to take into account your £200 ticket that enables you toast crumpets by the fire when pricing yours ... although maybe not as you'd have to put your prices up then and £2 a dozen sounds more than good to me !

I will be in Cockmill lovely, you are more than welcome to come and find me and my friends we are usually near the campsite crew at the bottom of the field just shout! I will not sell you a crumpet though, I will give you! Can I recommend Cheddar and Sweet Chilli it's amazing!!

£2 a dozen is what it would cost me buying from the supermarket so if I was to sell at £2 for 2 that would be 500% gross profit if I have done my maths correctly now The Strumpets will be buying in bulk all the ingredients so how mych Gross profit would they be making taking out ground rent, wages etc they probably still make over 500% net profit. Much more than a burger van or the like I am sure, fair play to them for having such a great idea but IMO they are overpriced.

Last Wednesday I gave up vegetarianism after 20 years of being a vegetarian! I've never looked forward to Glastonbury more than I have for this one. Ostrich Burgers, Kangaroo Steak, Goat Curry, bring it on. I'm going for the lot. And of course a Growler!!

Oh my days, that sounds amazing! :P

Mmmm Glasto food...I can't wait, Lost 36.5lb since January but with all the walking at glasto i should be able to eat pretty much what I like!! falafels, stone ground pizza, Manic brekkie, Stilton and Bacon toasties, Jerk, Curried Mutton/Goat, Indian, African, Mmmmm not enough days to enjoy it all!!

Please indicate which long drops you will be using so that we can avoid ...

Marmite is good :P

Cheese is better... Cambozola.. with some mayo on..Mmmmm :lol:

Peanut butter Eeeeeeeeeeerrr thats Squirel p**

Where can you get curried goat from? Sounds interesting...

I saw a Caribbean stall selling it on the way to JazzWorld last year

Yes, there's one near pieminster/brothers. Very nice.

Lovely. I think my first meal of this year's Glastonbury shall be goat then! The tradition noodle and brothers combo had to end some time. Bring on the goat

I told people somewhere else on the boards not sure it might even have been earlier in this thread look for "Curry Goat" Not "Goat Curry" or as I typed earlier "Curried Goat" reason being the Bajan's and Jamaican's who's mothers taught them to make this would call it Curry Goat so you have more chance of authenticity if it is spelt right :P

the one near Jazz world is ok but there are better near the Queens head area, have a good look before you get hungry so you know where to head :P

Edited by dvjj

• 3 weeks later...

Have to agee with the Oggie & pie stand near the jazz world. Also have to mention the sausage and mash stand near the oggie stand and the roast / cavery behind the pyramid. Roast dinner on the sunday has been a tradition at glastonbury for me.

One thing I would say is avoid the noodle places at all cost. They did me over big time in 2003, my ex in 2005 and my current mrs in 2008.

I did warn them but suprisingly they didn't listen :P

Anyone have any recomendations for someone on a budget. Whats the best value for money food with good size portions?

an oggie is massive and can easily be shared, its even given to you choppd in two. more than enough for a meal on a budget, also loads of those corn on the cob stands knocking about for £1-£2 does me for lunch.

Soft drinks seem to be the expensive things from the stalls, I think they were all charging £2.50 for Coke/fanta/sprite for 500ml bottle...

Edited by Rolf Harris