Bruce Springsteen

The Nal

glad to hear it..... not a bad set-list!

are you going back tonight Nal?

50/50. If I can get a couple of cheap tickets Ill bring my Dad. Sourcing tickets now.

Hungover though. Should've taken today off work! :lazy:

This was 3 hrs 15 into the show :lol:

Edited by The Nal

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're money hungry savages. I'm surprised they didn't sue him.

I've heard that their manager is too scared to play them anything that shit, so as yet they don't know they've been plagiarised. Which is some going, seeing how Kiss have been responsible for many of the world's worst songs over the last 40 years.

I bet even they didn't realise they'd be 'bettered' by Bruce. :lol:

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

You lucky bastard! Incident AND Serenade.

Yeah Bruce abroad is a different animal. The Stockholm gig is probably the best Ive seen from. And by a mile the loudest.

Hes playing Limerick on Tuesday. 5 Irish dates. Looks like they could be special. Weather is cracking at the moment too.

I was lucky enough to catch the best Bruce show since the eighties (for me) in Rome last week, I'm still in a mild state of ecstasy days later. We had most of Wild, Innocent & E street (apparently the whole album was planned but he got carried away with requests), including the whole of side 2, in order ending with theee most sublime version of NYC Serenade with a surprise string section! The sound was out of this world, I don't think any of the songs he played will ever sound better. No noise restrictions, no curfew, no stadium for the sound to bounce around and his voice AND guitar playing was just awesome.

If he keeps this up, Belfast and Kilkenny could be monumental!

PS, the set list was fantastic, but if he'd played it at Glastonbury he would have bombed...... just sayin'

I went into a state of near-meltdown just reading about it as things unfolded on the night. You total legend Tony... I can only imagine what it must have felt like being there. Spectacular.

Ive Limerick/Belfast and both Kilkennys over the next couple weeks. Whilst I think Bruce always has another gear... it is almost impossible for him to match what he did in Rome. I'm expecting BTR in full tomorrow for example. Yawn.

Here's a question for those following setlists far more closely than I am..

Has he played Tunnel of Love in full anywhere?

I know he's doing BTR/Darkness/BITUSA all over the place, and throwing in some of the early ones on occasion, but Tunnel is the one I really want.

Got tickets for Leeds next week, should be a good one regardless of what he plays.

Here's a question for those following setlists far more closely than I am..

Has he played Tunnel of Love in full anywhere?

I know he's doing BTR/Darkness/BITUSA all over the place, and throwing in some of the early ones on occasion, but Tunnel is the one I really want.

Got tickets for Leeds next week, should be a good one regardless of what he plays.

No he hasn't done it in full. Hes flirting with The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle though, as per the Rome show. you may get that in Leeds. Don't think Tunnel of Love is going to happen on this tour.

Dunno. Think it could be "party Bruce" as opposed to "looking for cred" Bruce.

Won't be easy to replicate/improve upon that Roma show. Think the last Kilkenny date has the best chance if I'm honest. As Tony said its the best he's seen since the 1980's.

Won't be easy to replicate/improve upon that Roma show. Think the last Kilkenny date has the best chance if I'm honest. As Tony said its the best he's seen since the 1980's.

A few people said that about the Stockholm gig too. So why not the next few shows? Hes in great form at the moment.

Got back from Italy last night...

says something about the expectations when a full performance of Born To Run is thought a disappointment! I have to say, I wouldn't mind it. That album meant a lot to me and my wife, and it's a while since I've seen him do Backstreets and/or Jungleland.

You got a little pre-set, that's always nice.

Not sure I'd swap what we got in Rome for anything though. Seeing him with the string section made me think he could do anything really. The E-Street Orchestra! I just watched Serenade on youtube... still awesome. I don't know how long he can keep doing the length of shows he's doing, and at that energy level. And not just him, the rest of the band too. Maybe this could be a way forward.

Jagger can still do it! And hes 7 years older.

I wouldn't swap the Stockholm gig for anything either. Was the 2nd time on the tour he did a full album I think (Darkness) so was a huge surprise still. And if theres any album to be heard at ridiculous volume its that.

They got Drive All Night last night. And a cool pre show. I don't think I'll be doing a Bruce show in Ireland/UK again though. Next time round Ill head to Rome/Lisbon I think. The Barcelona and Stockholm gigs were such a different buzz.

Rumours of a Seeger Sessions 2 album next but I hope he does a solo record. Nebraska/Devils & Dust sort of thing. That was a great tour. Real serious Bruce.

Edited by The Nal

another Seeger Sessions is about as disappointing as it could get... :(

I missed out on the Devils & Dust tour last time. I saw him solo at the Albert Hall, and have to say, I didn't think it was great. Probably not the best venue for a solo show, and it was mainly Tom Joad. I expected him to be more 'adventurous'.

Agree about Seeger Sessions 2. Can't see it myself.

I was at the Devils & Dust show in the Royal Albert Hall in 05. Really great show. No talking from him, announcements before telling people to turn off phones, no shouting at Bruce, no photos, late arrivals = no entry on the tickets, no filming or you'll be ejected etc. Some very interesting - and adventurous - performances.

He did Reason to Believe, Cautious Man and The River (on piano!) that night. The only time he "allowed" crowd participation was during a short version of Ramrod. Would love to see him do something like that again. I really liked that album.

Cautious Man from the gig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1lus3XUg7c

Edited by The Nal

Yes, Devils & Dust is a bit of an overlooked gem imo.

I can't remember why I missed that show.

I think the problem with a solo show like that, the sounds needs to be near perfect. If you can't tell what he's singing, there's not a lot else going on. Even I don't 'know' the words to all his songs.

Yeah that why he insisted on silence during the show. You could hear a pin drop. People were even reluctant to applaud in case it was a false ending. He darted a few stares at people who clapped at the wrong times!

Very tense atmosphere. When he said "OK lets rock out" and launched into Ramrod there was a huge wave of relief almost.

And yeah, one of my favourite albums of his. Some of the lyrics are fairly shocking. Anal sex and blowjobs from prostitutes?!

No he hasn't done it in full. Hes flirting with The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle though, as per the Rome show. you may get that in Leeds. Don't think Tunnel of Love is going to happen on this tour.

Wheres the rumour of Wild, Innocent etc. coming from? I thought likelihood was USA recorded for anniversary release next year? My home town gig and cant get ticket for love nor money.

BTW - youre winding the w*nkers up good and proper today over on BTX Nal. Nice one.

Wheres the rumour of Wild, Innocent etc. coming from? I thought likelihood was USA recorded for anniversary release next year? My home town gig and cant get ticket for love nor money.

Well its an album he hasn't played yet and hes soundchecked a right few songs off it, more than any other, and played a few, as in Rome. Probably reluctant to play it as its a bit rambling in parts maybe? Seemed to do a good job with side 2 the other night though.

It think hes played enough of USA on this tour to put together an album/DVD or whatever. People are already giving out about these mini Born in the USA encores, never mind the entire album.

BTW - youre winding the w*nkers up good and proper today over on BTX Nal. Nice one.

Ha! Yep. Soooo easy!!!

Album shows. Yawn yawn yawn.

Unless its The River.

Yeah would be great but don't think he'll do that one. Its too long. People would get bored. Same for Wild, Innocent. Most people don't know it.

To be honest I'm all Bruced out at the moment anyway. I really need a solo/side project from him to freshen things up for me.