Bruce Springsteen

The Nal

probably...

but it wouldn't be the same (obviously)

considering how much of a struggle the last tour was for him, I can't imagine there being any more shows.

The Who seem unlikey to do much more, same for The Stones.... E-Street Band..?..

feeling like an end of an era really

again

Everythings shite since Roy Orbison died.

Bruce has said before that there'd be no ESB without Big C. :(

Edited by The Nal

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Well, things are starting to heat up down on E Street.

A lot of you have been hearing that Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will be on tour in 2012. That is absolutely correct. The European dates run from the middle of May until end of July and are being announced this week. Info on the US dates and the World tour dates will coming up shortly.

In addition, we want you to know that the music is almost done (but still untitled), we have almost settled on the release date (but not quite yet), and that we are all incredibly excited about everything that we're planning for 2012. That's all the info we have for right now, but we'll get back to you — real soon."

Edited by The Nal

I went the first night, and it was one of the best shows ever. The show overran (I think) and he was fined thousands....

started with a truly stonking 10th Avenue... and just got better and better. First great Springsteen show in a few years (for me)... until that tour finished, he was amazing... again

Think he played "Candy's Room" that night didnt he? One of my faves, that. And "Backstreets" was played on the following night... havent seen either of them in the 7/8 shows I've seen.

Think that 2008 tour was sensational. My fave of the shows ive seen was the last night of 3 in Dublin. Mindblowing atmosphere.

Think he played "Candy's Room" that night didnt he? One of my faves, that. And "Backstreets" was played on the following night... havent seen either of them in the 7/8 shows I've seen.

*edit*

He played Candy's Room at a show I was at with The Nal in '03. Real "up-close-and-personal" stuff that gig.

After "The River", Candy's Room is prolly my fave song of his.

*edit*

He played Candy's Room at a show I was at with The Nal in '03. Real "up-close-and-personal" stuff that gig.

After "The River", Candy's Room is prolly my fave song of his.

especially live...

Not up there for me, although I do like it.

Its my favourite song hes written about a prostitute though. And hes written a couple.

I like the 'oddness' about it's structure... the build up and the tension that gets released... the dynamics. It's only a short song, just does what it does, and then off

like being with a prostitue

probably.....

Or a groupie in your case.....

Probably.......

Edited by The Nal

Hooker or a stripper? Dunno. I give him a little more credit than that. I always took it as "Candy" was Bruce's personification of his barely-tempered lust. For a man practically devoid of any psychadelic references in his music this stands just to the left of the rest of his back-catalogue. And the solo?!?!!?1 Fackin' hell lads. Stunning.

• 1 month later...

except that's the riff (just one bar) that the whole song is based on...

The whole Springsteen song is based on the chorus of "Always" in my ears. Or as close as can be.

Shame because the lyrics are pretty good

"I've been stumblin' on good hearts turned to stone,

Those good intentions gone dry as a bone."

Having a pop at Obama there?

how do you do that? you seem to have an encyclopeadic knowledge of youtube!!

I remember seeing a Vanilla Ice documentary years ago on MTV and that part always amused me. You'll usually find anything on Youtube if you search for it.

Edited by The Nal