Bruce Springsteen

The Nal

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Bruce and Macca got the mics switched off on Saturday. Was anyone there?

Steve Van Zandt ain't happy.

Steven Van Zandt@StevieVanZandt

The cops got nothing more important to do? How about they go catch some criminals instead of fucking with 80,000 people having a good time?

English cops may be the only individuals left on earth that wouldn't want to hear one more from Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney!

I'm sorry but I have to be honest I'm pissed. Like I said, it didn't ruin the great night. But when I'm jamming with McCartney don't bug me!

Ha! @raindogs70 just reminded me how the Beatles' rooftop concert ended. Not much has changed in 43 years!

thats my problem with paul mccartney I think. he has no idea which of the beatles songs are the best ones! Every time I see him I love it, but always have a nagging thought of how much better it could have been had I picked the setlist...

As for switching off the sound for bruce, much as I hate "the rules", he was 30 mins over the curfew. I dunno, I find his constant disregarding off curfews a bit arrogant. But anything that pisses off the horrific people that live near hyde park is good with me. That being said, this sort of thing will only mean that concerts there in the future wont get a license - but given how bad the sound is at these hyde park gigs that's probably no bad thing anyway!

thats my problem with paul mccartney I think. he has no idea which of the beatles songs are the best ones! Every time I see him I love it, but always have a nagging thought of how much better it could have been had I picked the setlist...

Its Bruce who has been doing Twist and Shout. I Sqw Her Standing There is an easy one so I presume thats why they did it.

In fairness to Macca, last time I saw him the setlist wasn't too bad!

As for switching off the sound for bruce, much as I hate "the rules", he was 30 mins over the curfew. I dunno, I find his constant disregarding off curfews a bit arrogant.

Hes called The Boss for a reason!

Edited by The Nal

As for switching off the sound for bruce, much as I hate "the rules", he was 30 mins over the curfew.

No, he wasn't. Not even close.

The curfew at Hyde Park is 10:30. They killed the sound less than 10 minutes after that.

And it was Live Nations fault to start with - the stage was running approx 15-20 minutes behind schedule all day, so they get the blame for Springsteen being ~10-15 minutes over.

Its Bruce who has been doing Twist and Shout. I Sqw Her Standing There is an easy one so I presume thats why they did it.

In fairness to Macca, last time I saw him the setlist wasn't too bad!

Hes called The Boss for a reason!

ha well I'm not going to say thats a bad setlist.but there are 4 or 5 or so of those beatles songs I'd ditch straight away. Ob la di, long and winding road can do one for a start...

As for the curfew the papers said 30mins, I guess I should know better than to trust those rags. But he always overruns doesnt he? he did at glasto didnt he?

As for the curfew the papers said 30mins, I guess I should know better than to trust those rags. But he always overruns doesnt he? he did at glasto didnt he?

Yeah he always does. Dublin a few years ago he played 25 minutes with every light in the entire place on and all the gates open.

yes...

the opening solo (with Roy..!) Thunder Road was just sublime... the whole show was great, but Hyde Park/Hard Rock can fuck right off from now on.

The sound balance was great, the backing singers really made a difference, but it was way too quiet. We were quite near the front, but had no problem hearing each other talking... it was odd.

The end though... for fucks sake..!! The whole of London is being disrupted from today, with impact on millions of people, some (me included) who couldn't care less about the Olympics, but we put up with the inconvenience...

...it really sucked

I only read about it and it made my blood boil. If they try that in Dublin tomorrow night I'll be in the papers on Wednesday with the words "........before turning the gun on himself" under my photo

it was unbelievable. No good night, no nothing, the most depressing end to a concert ever. He was just about to go into 10th Avenue too...

fucking world!

Yea not sure why they did it, as I'm sure the amount of noise from all the middle class tutting that happened would have kept the neighbours awake

Edited by fred quimby

Shit version of Twist and Shout too. Cheesy as a Quattro Formaggi pizza. But still - Macca and Bruce on the same stage.

He did Twist and Shout at IOW and it was brilliant fun... Looked like a great setlist at Hyde Park too, shame it had to end that way though. Surely someone new this was going to happen though right? I mean they were bound to break the curfew so if they were going to be strict and pulled the plug they could have warned them.

Edited by strummer77

yikes the reports implied that would have been the last song. That's gotta hurt that macca was going to duet on a bruce song.....

as for the sound, I vowed never to pay to go to a hyde park gig again after I saw arcade fire there last year. The sound was so quiet I honestly thought my hearing was broken after glastonbury (the gig was a few days after glasto).

I wonder how the paul simon gig went last night?

reviews indicate it was pretty fab, but quiet...

if the restrictions put in place mean the sound level is too low for punters to enjoy the show, then they shouldn't have the concerts there.....

if they do, then they should advertise the fact for the punters to be pre-warned

73db limit!! :lol: Fucks sake. What a waste of time.

Good article here about it in the Guardian today.

Edited by The Nal

gah even without Art that is still wondrous.

I worry that paul simon gig is one I will regret not going to. I've given up on the S&G at glastonbury dream. Funny to think sound of silence was written almost 50 years ago but the words are still so apt. I remember having an argument once at the stone circle at glastonbury with someone who was saying jeff buckley had a better voice than Art. I was furious.

That article is spot in. Wembley or bust for someone like him. These hyde park things are a waste of time (admitedly I am seeing blur there on a freebie next month...)

have fun!

(apparently they turned the volume down for Paul Simon !!??... )

In Hyde Park? Fucks sake.

No chance of that here Tonyo. 100DB limit in Dublin.

Dublin City Council (DCC): "Sometimes gigs may have to start late due to crowds arriving late, and for safety issues the band may start late. But the extra 15 minutes may only be allowed at the discretion of DCC," a spokesman said.

But, he added, they "don't have the power to remove an artist from the stage if the relevant curfew is being breached".

Bring it on!