TRUCK 2018

UndergroundSound

15 hours ago, Jack w said:

who are people thinking? last year was definitely a scale increase.

Was my third year last year and I can say with certainty it has gone from a local festival to an arena festival. Was impressed.

Maybe it was the mud, but the whole festival felt utterly different to past years, however they still retained what made it good. the local congregation are the main suppliers of food, the various stalls of vintage gear was run excellently.

They definitely did struggle a little with the increase, especially on the arrival day. queued for up to 2 n half hours. I have no doubt they will be better prepared this year however. 

It had a very good, strong line-up that catered towards their clientele and you'd hope they would come back this year even stronger. Saying that I really have absolutely no idea who is going to headline. Someone like Blossoms could definitely play. i think the booking team enjoy promoting bands who haven't headlined many festivals before but are on the up (e.g. CATB in 2016)

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/12/2017 at 8:50 PM, Jack w said:

who are people thinking? last year was definitely a scale increase.

As a side note on the festival alone would people recommend 2000 trees or truck? I haven't been to either but going to one next year with the best lineup. 

A few names that spring to mind headliner wise are; The Coral, Stereophonics, Bastille. As for lower down the bill; Reverend &The Makers, Peace, The Sherlocks, Glass Animals, Magic Gang. 

I'd recommend Truck and plan to go again... but not this year sadly as it falls the same weekend as Benicassim.

4 hours ago, SCG95 said:

A few names that spring to mind headliner wise are; The Coral, Stereophonics, Bastille. As for lower down the bill; Reverend &The Makers, Peace, The Sherlocks, Glass Animals, Magic Gang. 

I'd recommend Truck and plan to go again... but not this year sadly as it falls the same weekend as Benicassim.

yeah I'm really trying to choose between truck and trees right now.

tbh i think I'll probably go to 2000 Trees because it all round looks quality but i'll just see when the lineups are out.

1 hour ago, Jack w said:

yeah I'm really trying to choose between truck and trees right now.

tbh i think I'll probably go to 2000 Trees because it all round looks quality but i'll just see when the lineups are out.

I’ve never been to truck but after 2000 trees last year I cannot recomend it enough. I honestly couldn’t find an issue with it anywhere it’s great.

5 hours ago, LiamEP said:

I’ve never been to truck but after 2000 trees last year I cannot recomend it enough. I honestly couldn’t find an issue with it anywhere it’s great.

Only downside if you had to pick one would be the toilets. It's a bit weird everyone just peeing on hay.....and tbf it soon becomes clear that it's soaked through to the ground and not everyone hit the hay. It's nice and small though and decent to get a great headliner spot on main stage at anytime really.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

I think they should be aiming for bigger festivals. Also Truck, as good as it is, tends to be somewhere bands headline on their way down rather than on their way up 

the vaccines, catfish, circa waves (sub), the wombats (sub), blossoms (sub)

i'm not sure i agree with your comment. those five bands played in the last two years, on their way up in my opinion. catfish wouldn't be out of place headlining latitude now. 

Just now, RedBalloon said:

the vaccines, catfish, circa waves (sub), the wombats (sub), blossoms (sub)

i'm not sure i agree with your comment. those five bands played in the last two years, on their way up in my opinion. catfish wouldn't be out of place headlining latitude now. 

We’ve got 4 headliners to consider (inc Thursday night)

2 minutes ago, RedBalloon said:

what kind of rumours you heard?

Just that - it’s a strong lineup.

I’m going for

Blossoms, Shed 7, Circa Waves, Editors, Bluetones, Tom Grennan, Kate Tempest, Plan B, Frank Turner, The Magic Gang

2 minutes ago, McCor said:

Just that - it’s a strong lineup.

I’m going for

Blossoms, Shed 7, Circa Waves, Editors, Bluetones, Tom Grennan, Kate Tempest, Plan B, Frank Turner, The Magic Gang

nice.

i think i'm gonna go with your idea.

thursday -blossoms 

friday - the streets 

saturday - noel gallagher 

sunday - wolf alice 

Just now, RedBalloon said:

nice.

i think i'm gonna go with your idea.

thursday -blossoms 

friday - the streets 

saturday - noel gallagher 

sunday - wolf alice 

I’d be very impressed if they got Noel. Mind you, Global love him (if Radio X is anything to go by) The Streets is a great shout.