NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

Can't think of many people I'd rather have tucking gumby jr into bed than you, CG, if me and Mrs gumby were unable to for a night or two. Those kids are lucky to have you in their corner :)

Ah shucks Mr G... I think that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me!! Made my eyes water a touch. Thanx Dude :derisive:

12 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

good to see some familiar faces slowly returning to the fold .. of to butlins minehead for a cream 25 anniversary weekend , should be interesting !! especially the 5.30 am finishes !! can't make it much past 2 am these days !! never done one of these and told they are good fun !!

That sounds like an ace weekend Crazyfool. Are you taking any of your specially customised clothes? A few of my colleagues go to these Butlins weekends and they all say it's  fab. Have fun mate!

Evening all :)

Finally starting to feel a little bit festive. I have been making cranberry and port sauce this afternoon, and the whole house has been filled with a very Christmassy aroma. Also got lamb shanks slow cooking in a red wine sauce for our dinner later, which, although not something I associate with Christmas, has a wintry, comfort food type of smell to it :) My listening has been quite festive(ally) ;), a bit of Gaz Brookfield, Nick Parker, and moving on shortly to Royal Blood, who I thought were awesome on the Pyramid in June. Hope everyone is snug and warm, and enjoying their weekend.

19 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

First two efesters to turn up in my lay-by get a free reindeer each. Starts tomorrow. 

Oh, to clarify, the reindeer aren't living ones, nor are they dead ones you can eat, They are made from wood.They have red noses.

Hello Sawdusty,

If I lived anywhere near then I'd pull in to your lay-by. I know that it's rather south from me, but don't know it's exact location. Could you tell me where it is, as I'd like to make a note of it in case I was ever in the area? It probably wont happen (like all my intentions of meeting up with you so far have happened), but never say never, and all that.

I came across a red nosed reindeer for sale on ebay recently. I even took some copies of the photos of it. It's a very cute red nosed reindeer, and was just wondering if yours were similar / and to point you in the direction of ebay in terms of selling your wares (presumptuously assuming that you are not doing this already) as it's another line in to sales? Anyway, here's the red nosed reindeer that I saw;

Inline image 1

Inline image 4

20 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

First two efesters to turn up in my lay-by get a free reindeer each. Starts tomorrow. 

Oh, to clarify, the reindeer aren't living ones, nor are they dead ones you can eat, They are made from wood.They have red noses.

Many thanks Sawdusty was really good to catch up again.

Very lucky to have won a free reindeer and hope he and his partner in crime do not get up to mischief.

reindeer are fab.

• Upvote 1

good morning

a great night out was had at Orbital on Friday, not that i remember a great deal, but i felt better for having a bit of a blow out.  i didn't enjoy the next morning, or the 90 minute drive home, or having a tv camera in my face as soon as i stepped through my front door and then having to participate in the filming of a tv show.  it was a weird day.

still, alls well now.  it's a lovely day here.  hope everybody else is well.  :) 

7 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

good morning

a great night out was had at Orbital on Friday, not that i remember a great deal, but i felt better for having a bit of a blow out.  i didn't enjoy the next morning, or the 90 minute drive home, or having a tv camera in my face as soon as i stepped through my front door and then having to participate in the filming of a tv show.  it was a weird day.

still, alls well now.  it's a lovely day here.  hope everybody else is well.  :) 

Haha so when can we see the hungover yeti on tv? I'm sure you still looked like a princess :)

Grey and a bit Manchestery here today, but a good weekend was had and it is nice to be alive! 

14 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Haha so when can we see the hungover yeti on tv? I'm sure you still looked like a princess :)

Grey and a bit Manchestery here today, but a good weekend was had and it is nice to be alive! 

not until next summer.  we were filmed setting up a surprise marriage proposal for one of our guests.  he'd been in contact with us for a while arranging it, she had no idea.  we had to place champagne and glasses at a little viewing spot up the hill, and then hide behind a wall until it was done.

it all went well, thankfully.

12 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

not until next summer.  we were filmed setting up a surprise marriage proposal for one of our guests.  he'd been in contact with us for a while arranging it, she had no idea.  we had to place champagne and glasses at a little viewing spot up the hill, and then hide behind a wall until it was done.

it all went well, thankfully.

How lovely! I saw on FB something about that :) You guys are the best! 

58 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Hope you had a great weekend.. I'm hoping to get God tickets this week.. 

kmhr9t0zp9f7.jpg

I'm hoping that God gets me. Otherwise, I fear the worse. Actually, it possibly doesn't matter because my mates have said that they'll open the men's bog windows at the back of heaven, and get me in that way. The time / space continuum will tell. 

• Upvote 1

Morning all :bye:

@lucyginger yay for looking into it. I’m very probably more than likely to go if I go alone. The beauty @naughtygeorgie is going to ask friends of hers if they mind if I bunk in their camp. Very excited. 

@mr gumby that all sounds delicious! I’m eating cold pizza for breakfast after being awake since 4am (dreaded night shift brain). 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

Still the best dressed there Mr Crazy!! Did you have a good time? Would you do it again? 

thanks ...I think we are booking next year :) I do like a good bit of dressing up as im sure most people have realised .. the one down side to it is my friend who I go to Glastonbury with is talking of giving that up and doing this instead .. its physically easier and beds and showers is his reasoning ,we have done 13 Glastonburys together and was the last friend standing last year so im working to try to get him to change his mind :(