NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

3 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

@Yoghurt on a Stick it's good to see that you are utilising the creative space and time that the toilet affords you. 

If ever there was a haven to procrastinate it'd be the ol' China throne. 

Hello vintagelaureate,

I feel very ashamed, because at 03.32 I wasn't actually really doing a poo. I believe that they call it poetic licence ie. I was lying.

Anyway, in other news I woke up about 10 minutes ago, searched around for my dope and came across a long forgotten bag of e's. Oh deary me. That's me sorted until Monday morning, at least. 

On 11/6/2017 at 9:38 AM, naughtygeorgie said:

Here's some 'open air art' to ease Monday morning !

Yorkshire Sculpture Park is glorious, I highly recommend a Sunday bimble about in the bracing Yorkshire winter sun :)

A splendid weekend - actually went to a bonfire :o my 1st in about 14yrs! Then watched fireworks across the valleys from a picnic bench in the top field of the campsite (ankle deep in mud, wearing my festival boots so I felt right at home :) ) ate Parkin, real Yorkshire Parkin :D (none of the Lancashire Parkin, it had to be Yorkshire! )

Have a good week one & all :bye:

FB_IMG_1509960151029.jpg

FB_IMG_1509960158473.jpg

FB_IMG_1509960164223.jpg

FB_IMG_1509960257772.jpg

It's a great place.  I often think it'd make a good festival site.

5 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's a great place.  I often think it'd make a good festival site.

Not with those parking charges. It is a great place though. Anyone been to the open air deer shed, it's a fab open roofed structure framing the sky.

Well....Thursday is here (almost gone) - I am walking (still with a bit of a limp and stairs are not a great friend of mine at present), but definitely getting there - Hey...Ive got plenty of time till June 2019 for it to fully heal....although I do have a crazy amount of gigs lined up in the not too distant future (I will possibly be sitting quietly at a lot of these after recent incidents! - who am I kidding :D)

This weekend I have my 8yo niece coming to stay with us - so a trip to the cinema to see Paddington is on the cards (secretly, I am a little bit excited) and a chance to gorge on popcorn and sweets is definitely high on the agenda.

Hope everyone's week thus far has been good and if not....tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! :D

I'm very uneasy about zoo's. I've only been to two in the whole of my life. The first was Twycross Zoo, and the second was Dudley Zoo. I went to the first when I was about 8 years old on a school  trip. All I remember from that experience was that for reasons that I still don't fully understand I decided to shop lift from the gift shop. They had a model of a JPS Formula 1 car in black and gold, and boy did I want it. I can remember it now, quite distinctly - I remember thinking that I have enough money on me to buy it, but then I wouldn't be able to buy any sweeties. So, I concluded that I'd just nick the model car and pay for my sweets from the money that I had. All went well, except that for more unknown reasons I have always carried a sense of guilt about that car.

Anyway, the second trip to Dudley Zoo was a bit more of a shocker, as I was in my teens. I just didn't like the confinement of the animals, many of which, were not native to this country. Then I saw a bear come out of it's shelter and rock it's head back and forth in a Status Quo kind of homage way. Only I 'knew' that that bear wasn't a happy bear dancing to the music in it's own head. I knew / felt it was a very unhappy trapped bear. I couldn't go to zoo after that. 

PS - Yes, I do know that 'some' zoos do important conservation work.

Anyway, on to another topic. Have always wanted to go here. Maybe will, one day;

http://www.broomhillart.co.uk/

I know what you mean about zoos, but Edinburgh really felt different. The animals all seemed happy, and had plenty of space and there were things for them to play with and all that sort of thing. They didn't seem to be caged in as much as you'd expect from a zoo! Sounds silly, but for example- the red panda was asleep up a really tall tree, now he could have probably jumped out of it and made a bid for freedom, but he didn't, he was just having a kip. It's quite hard to explain really! Anyhoo, we had a great day and it didn't feel weird at all. 

23 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I know what you mean about zoos, but Edinburgh really felt different. The animals all seemed happy, and had plenty of space and there were things for them to play with and all that sort of thing. They didn't seem to be caged in as much as you'd expect from a zoo! Sounds silly, but for example- the red panda was asleep up a really tall tree, now he could have probably jumped out of it and made a bid for freedom, but he didn't, he was just having a kip. It's quite hard to explain really! Anyhoo, we had a great day and it didn't feel weird at all. 

Hello lucy,

That's good to hear. I'm sure that some zoos are better than others - a nod to our Morrissey there.

I went to Edinburgh once for the comedy festival. I really liked the city. We stayed in an eccentric very well to do persons house. This was before AirB&B, but somehow we got a line in to the place. Apparently the bloke was beyond loaded with cash (which would tie up, given his gaff), but just did B&B for the company. Anyway, it's possibly already known that I act more than a little gay when it comes to womens clothing. My then girlfriend  took me to the shop of Joey D. Well, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. It's an (or was) an emporium of the most beautiful things. Definitely worth a look if you ever go back again (and if it's still there). And yes, yes, I did fall for my then girlfriend's cunning ways, and bought her a shed load of not exactly cheap stuff. 

17 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Hi Yog! 

Some zoos are indeed better than others! That's not a bad earworm for my journey home :)

I liked the city too, we were only there 2 nights but crammed in a fair bit. it was really fun! Haha sounds like you had a good time too, the shop sounds fab. 

I did have a good time, but realized that you have to do your homework when it comes to The Fringe Festival. I had to walk out of one performance because it was just imbecilic in terms of humour. Then again, we went to see Ross Noble, and he was on fine form. That said, I don't really do stand up comedy, so may be a little prejudiced. 

Anyway, glad to hear you had a good time too. :) 

This is always generally a happy place, but I have to say RIP Chuck Mosley - Faith No More’s first two albums are 100% the reason for getting me into alternative music (what ever the hell that means these days)

sorry to bring things down, happy stuff can restart now if you wish :)

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2017 at 2:18 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm very uneasy about zoo's. I've only been to two in the whole of my life. The first was Twycross Zoo, and the second was Dudley Zoo. I went to the first when I was about 8 years old on a school  trip. All I remember from that experience was that for reasons that I still don't fully understand I decided to shop lift from the gift shop. They had a model of a JPS Formula 1 car in black and gold, and boy did I want it. I can remember it now, quite distinctly - I remember thinking that I have enough money on me to buy it, but then I wouldn't be able to buy any sweeties. So, I concluded that I'd just nick the model car and pay for my sweets from the money that I had. All went well, except that for more unknown reasons I have always carried a sense of guilt about that car.

Anyway, the second trip to Dudley Zoo was a bit more of a shocker, as I was in my teens. I just didn't like the confinement of the animals, many of which, were not native to this country. Then I saw a bear come out of it's shelter and rock it's head back and forth in a Status Quo kind of homage way. Only I 'knew' that that bear wasn't a happy bear dancing to the music in it's own head. I knew / felt it was a very unhappy trapped bear. I couldn't go to zoo after that. 

PS - Yes, I do know that 'some' zoos do important conservation work.

Anyway, on to another topic. Have always wanted to go here. Maybe will, one day;

http://www.broomhillart.co.uk/

I remember as a kid going to Cromer on holiday, it p****d it down all week and so the parents dragged us to Cromer Zoo for something to do. They had this "attraction" called Billy the Kid - a smoking chimp. He just sat in his cage doing nothing except trying to cadge fags from the onlookers. To see an animal treated like that was one of the most disgusting, pointless things I had ever seen and put me off zoos for many years. Then 3 years ago I went, somewhat reluctantly, on an extended family outing to Whipsnade Zoo. Whilst I have no desire to go back, I have to say that the animals were treated with respect; not merely as entertainment for the public and that the experience was educational for the younger members of the family. Whether it compares to a nature documentary on TV is doubtful but I suppose they have to fund their research and conservation activities somehow.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

I remember as a kid going to Cromer on holiday, it p****d it down all week and so the parents dragged us to Cromer Zoo for something to do. They had this "attraction" called Billy the Kid - a smoking chimp. He just sat in his cage doing nothing except trying to cadge fags from the onlookers. To see an animal treated like that was one of the most disgusting, pointless things I had ever seen and put me off zoos for many years. Then 3 years ago I went, somewhat reluctantly, on an extended family outing to Whipsnade Zoo. Whilst I have no desire to go back, I have to say that the animals were treated with respect; not merely as entertainment for the public and that the experience was educational for the younger members of the family. Whether it compares to a nature documentary on TV is doubtful but I suppose they have to fund their research and conservation activities somehow.

I'd rather not really see a zoo exist, if I'm really honest, unless there is some sort of reason to do so eg conservation reasons. I don't really get why the educational experience of children (or adults for that matter) should factor in to the artificial captivity of wild animals. This sounds all very PC, but actually is, it occurs to me right now, the only thing that I can think of that I have some sort of opinion on. Under normal circumstances I'm a right slag when it comes to accepting whatever anybody says. I just don't see how I can compromise one little bit on the zoo front though. The abnormal I can take. The harmful abnormal I can't.

Well the weekend is on its way.. Anyone doing anything special. 

We were off in the wagon when a little voice said GRANDDAD I'M HAVING A SLEEPOVER so that was me 48 told by a 5year old. Lol 

Brilliant stuff playmobil and scooby doo suits me.. We did think about us all going out in wagon but it's dark already when we pick her up and bloody cold so it won't be much fun for her. 

So that is my weekend.. Well fri/Sat... Anyone up to anything as exciting.. 

36 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Well the weekend is on its way.. Anyone doing anything special. 

We were off in the wagon when a little voice said GRANDDAD I'M HAVING A SLEEPOVER so that was me 48 told by a 5year old. Lol 

Brilliant stuff playmobil and scooby doo suits me.. We did think about us all going out in wagon but it's dark already when we pick her up and bloody cold so it won't be much fun for her. 

So that is my weekend.. Well fri/Sat... Anyone up to anything as exciting.. 

I've got a mate calling over for the weekend. I haven't seen him in ages, and am really looking forward to it. He has a very fine mind and is great fun to be with. We've already prepared a battle plan for the weekend - get pissed and talk shite at my house Friday night, get up on Saturday morning (if indeed we ever get to bed, and aren''t still up drinking) and hit to boozers for a Leo Sayer (the all dayer), then retire back to the house again on Saturday evening, because we'll be too embarrassingly drunk by then to stay out all night. I haven't been out on the piss since we moved here about two months ago. It's a small town, and I feel that I'm going to make my presence known - for all the wrong reasons!

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

We had thought that over the last week to ten days, that we must have monumentally pissed off our neighbour with the sounds emanating from our house at all hours of the day and night. So, yesterday evening I made him a card apologizing etc. I rolled up a joint and put it in the card. Then I bought a small selection box of Green & Black's chocolates, wrapped them up, and popped the whole lot through his letterbox. About three hours later, a very drunken neighbour knocks on our door with a bottle of red and some fish and chips for us to share. To cut a long story short, he said that he loved his card and chocolates, but that he'd not heard a thing noise wise coming from our house, and that all was cool. Then we have a few joints, some more drink, and even a dance. And then my wife went upstairs and dangled her feet in to the living room from the bedroom above. She was able to do this because only a couple of hours earlier she had come through the lounge ceiling, having trodden on some very thick floor board that was riddled with woodworm. Fortunately she didn't fall all the way through, but got stuck halfway down. The ceiling then fell on to some expensive green glassware, which decided that it had had quite enough of life, and smashed in to little pieces. Thankfully my wife's OK. The bit of flooring is not. The place has been thoroughly treated for woodworm, but I have bought a shed load of permethrin and going to go over the whole lot again. The place was built in 1590, and there's timber beams, and solid oak floors everywhere, so this may take some time.

Anyway, I've got a large G & T on the go, which I'm taking for medicinal purposes ie the hair of the dog. In cases like this then you really need to rally, and what better to enhance that process than by playing this;

• Upvote 1

Good morning campers!! 

Good weekends to be had by all, it seems! I shall be purchasing the new Morrissey cd after work today, and listening to it whilst drinking a bottle of pink champagne that I was given for my birthday. Tomorrow it's a pub outing for a friends birthday, with pizza on the way. Lovely! 

Yog your wife falling through the ceiling reminds me of the time my sister was moving house and did the same thing! She was in the loft and fell through the ceiling into the hallway- legs dangling and top half still in the loft! Very funny!