left luggage

Crazyfool01

I have previously had a few close shaves with leaving stuff behind and losing stuff on the way in , with one year losing a welly , and last year leaving my rucksack containing my insulin in the security search tent at the entrance , having had the annual forgetting tickets dream , what have you lost forgotten to take to Glastonbury ?

I lost all of my money, for some reason I'd decided not to use the lock-ups  The misses decide to explain at great length the mistakes I'd made and how I'd made them ... that made me feel MUCH better.

I headed up to the farm where the lost property was, leaving her indoors to enjoy Paloma Faith in the sunshine (it was 2010 so there was lots of that).  The farm we lovely, as we queued to report our losses the lovely volunteers came round with trays of sweets and glasses of squash (just sweets and squash ... no double meaning there), made us all feel that loosing stuff wasn't the end of the world.

After an hour or so I re-joined the trouble and strife and headed back to the tent for a refresher only to find my money where I'd hidden it the night before...!!

Next stop the lock-ups.  I need to listen to my wife more, she's very wise....<3

Edited by DrWackadoodle

I lost a digital camera one year.  Went up to Lost Property and filled in the forms but never expected to hear anything.  Two weeks later it arrived in the post from GFL.  Really restored my faith in human nature that the person who found it handed it in rather than just pocketing it and taking it home.  Sadly I never received their address to contact them to say thanks.

As a tip, I always now take the first photo on a camera of a sheet of paper with my name and address saying: If found please return to....."

Also, it's worth putting your postcode on anything of value.

Edited by grumpyhack

I lost a camera too. When I say I, I mean Mr. Sheffieldlady lost the camera, and no, he still hasn't heard the last of it. It was on the last day of our first Glastonbury, packing up the tent I ask him for the camera back and he checks his 'safe' pocket to tell me it isn't there. I filled out the forms at lost property but sadly, it never returned to me. I hope whoever found it managed to have some good fun whilst taking pictures on it!

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I have previously had a few close shaves with leaving stuff behind and losing stuff on the way in , with one year losing a welly , and last year leaving my rucksack containing my insulin in the security search tent at the entrance , having had the annual forgetting tickets dream , what have you lost forgotten to take to Glastonbury ?

I've lost about 26 pairs of sunglasses in 7 Glastonburys 

lost loads of small things fags etc, never anything to meaningful,  lost loads of Brain Cells they can be replaced righ!

my mate once lost his ticket, it was in his hand and when we got to the gate he was still holding the envelope but the ticket had slid out. we searched for ages and couldn't find it retracing our steps. We walked back to the gate to have words and see what we could do. On arrival back at the gate someone shouted it's him. we looked up and a steward was holding my mates ticket. he had dropped it at the gate and someone handed it in.  God bless some people

Lost loads of sun glasses, lost a pair each of the first 3 days last year, so decided to do without the rest of the week. Funny how I never seem to lose my hat though.

The first year the car parks opened on the Tuesday we got there early and had a good drink on the night/morning. We then decided to have a couple of hours kip, my mate got us up a couple of hours later to see massive queues.

We have a class contraption to carry our stuff that one of my mates brilliantly made by welding together a frame, fitting some bike wheels and a tonne builders bag. This is usually the best thing in the world as we can carry whatever we need in one journey. 

Unfortunately it absolutely chucked it down and the wheel kept getting clogged up and when we got to that big hill before the gate (can't remember which gate it is) we got stuck. About ten people nicely tried to push it with us with no luck. I then carried everything out of said contraption to the top of the hill before refilling it. At this point we also realised the gate we were using was about as far away as we could be from where we wanted to pitch.

It took us over five hours to get from the car to where we wanted to pitch, absolute hell tbh. Then we cracked open a can and started putting the tents up, at this point I realised I'd somehow managed to leave the tent poles in the car! Much to the hilarity of my mates.

As long as I have my tickets , debit card and a tent !! my friend looks after the tickets untill we get to the gate , my tent at the bottom of my bike trailer anything else thats essential , like glasses and medical items I always keep a spare in the lockups !! just in case , but luckily home is only 45mins away !!

Never lost anything at Glastonbury but have managed to return phones on two occasions to their owners. They'd clearly been dropped and I'd found them. On both occasions their owners called them and I'd arranged to meet them to return them.

On another occasion a group next to us at West Holts had left a bag, let's just say it had everything one could need for a wild weekend in it. Instead of moving on after the headliner we hung around with it for a half hour. Eventually we spotted couple of lasses scouring the field and after they described the contents we returned it to them. They were worried it might have been handed into the police!