Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hive Resort was EXCELLENT. I've seen other camping and i think I could not stay there.

Anyway the whole festival was a blast, perfect organization (mud at festival site was ok, security check not too strict, toilets more or less clean)

I missed some more electronic music but after all the lineup was known :):) 

Probably won't be there on Sunday, so I'm hoping for a good line-up on the three other days. Hoping of course for Pearl Jam, but also Foo Fighters, and I've never seen Arcade Fire so I'd like it. But my bet would be Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Radiohead and Coldplay.

My dreamy line-up would be Pearl Jam, Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls, Airbourne (new album), Reignwolf (new album), My Morning Jacket, Damien Rice in the Barn, The War On Drugs in the Barn, The National, Kula Shaker, Glen Hansard again, Houndmouth, Titus Andronicus, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Wilco, Jamie T, Future Islands, The Gaslight Anthem, Triggerfinger, Sigur Ros, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros and GOGOL BORDELLO !!!

In a recent interview, the Pinkpop organisor claimed that Pearl Jam regretted cancelling their European shows and are already booked for 2017. If that's true then we can consider PJ a 100% for Werchter too. On the other hand he also said that they contacted Foo Fighters again over their cancelled 2015 dates, but FF said touring won't happen before 2018.

My current guess would be Pearl Jam - Metallica - Radiohead - The National/Arcade Fire (coheadliners). But with the likes of Gorillaz, Green Day, QOTSA, ... also being in the studio there's a lot of headlining potential. 

1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

In a recent interview, the Pinkpop organisor claimed that Pearl Jam regretted cancelling their European shows and are already booked for 2017. If that's true then we can consider PJ a 100% for Werchter too. On the other hand he also said that they contacted Foo Fighters again over their cancelled 2015 dates, but FF said touring won't happen before 2018.

My current guess would be Pearl Jam - Metallica - Radiohead - The National/Arcade Fire (coheadliners). But with the likes of Gorillaz, Green Day, QOTSA, ... also being in the studio there's a lot of headlining potential. 

And you can never discount kings of Leon, Mumford & Sons etc 

3 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

And you can never discount kings of Leon, Mumford & Sons etc 

They should always be discounted.  Hopefully PJ is correct.  I'd do Werchter next year on them alone (almost)

Definitely gonna keep my eyes on this one - looking to do my first fest abroad next year and Werchter looks fantastic. Tonnes of potential headliners I'd love: Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Metallica, Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, Gorrilaz, Guns N' Roses.

2 hours ago, Red Day said:

You need to get a taste for jupilar then fella 

If that is a beer I strictly can't stand it, even the smell of it.

I am now at do attending festivals still bother me enough to try, at least 1 festival for the last 11 years is making me question it. 27 in 11 years is quite a lot, its seeing acts that I have seen and that don't produce as good now with some of them and sometimes I just feel the need for a break from watching bands. I guess that's why Glasto helps because if you fancy a bar crawl instead of watching bands or see some circus acts its there.

21 hours ago, thewayiam said:

If that is a beer I strictly can't stand it, even the smell of it.

I am now at do attending festivals still bother me enough to try, at least 1 festival for the last 11 years is making me question it. 27 in 11 years is quite a lot, its seeing acts that I have seen and that don't produce as good now with some of them and sometimes I just feel the need for a break from watching bands. I guess that's why Glasto helps because if you fancy a bar crawl instead of watching bands or see some circus acts its there.

It's nae the best and considering Belgium has some fine beers, seems strange they have that pish as the main one