Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Fuck this. 

Now you can see how disappointing this lineup is. No real Barn headliner on saturday? Bonobo? 

James Blake before RH? 

Arcade Fire during daylight? 

I'm actually ok with James Blake before RH as I wanted to see both (but I see why everyone is disappointed, he's not really sub worthy) and don't really get why it's so important that AF plays later.

I have never been so annoyed by the undercard and tent acts at RW since I first went in 2007... Well done on the headliners, but compared to ALL other years I went, the rest is utter crap. Part personal opinion of course, but you can't deny that the 'larger' names in the tent are really not the crowd pleasers they had in previous years. And considernig all that is around. I'm usually a pretty happy person, but I just cannot stay positive about this lineup...

I don't get it there's no dance act, Belgians are psychos during those...

Thursday timatable is great for me, Friday - as I said before - Nathaniel/FI is a bugger.

Saturday is superb but then again - A&B is no alternative against Linkin Park's new record so might need waaaay more beers.

Sunday - great The Kills are on Main Stage, but clashes with Thurston Moore, Rag n' Bone Man & Cage the Elephant are a pain in the ass...although expected

Timetable will surely evolve on Friday and Sunday (so I hope Nathaniel Rateliff and Future Islands won't calsh). Honestly I don't find the timetable disappointing. There are no big clashes. Remember we had Tame Impala vs Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foals vs Iggy Pop last year... Florence & The Machine vs Patti Smith the year before...

2 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Timetable will surely evolve on Friday and Sunday (so I hope Nathaniel Rateliff and Future Islands won't calsh). Honestly I don't find the timetable disappointing. There are no big clashes. Remember we had Tame Impala vs Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foals vs Iggy Pop last year... Florence & The Machine vs Patti Smith the year before...

Iggy/Foals clash was about 5/10 minutes if I remember correctly

1 minute ago, Tremousse said:

Nail on the head. At least there was excellent acts to choose from.

Now we have Passenger/Milky Chance/Kodaline vs JEW/Blink 182... So if you're not a nostalgic 90's/00's rocker or an adolescent pop lover, you're pretty screwed on Saturday. (sorry for the stereotypes, just hate both genres).

2 minutes ago, heti said:

Iggy/Foals clash was about 5/10 minutes if I remember correctly

Oy yes you're right, what was the clash of sunday ? I know there was a big one but dont remember; there was also New Order / Paul McCartney

Edit : It was Skunk Anansie vs Florence!

Edited by Tremousse

2 minutes ago, heti said:

I don't get it there's no dance act, Belgians are psychos during those...

Thursday timatable is great for me, Friday - as I said before - Nathaniel/FI is a bugger.

Saturday is superb but then again - A&B is no alternative against Linkin Park's new record so might need waaaay more beers.

Sunday - great The Kills are on Main Stage, but clashes with Thurston Moore, Rag n' Bone Man & Cage the Elephant are a pain in the ass...although expected

I can't believe how well Thursday will work out for me. I thought I'd have more conflicts. It looks like I can go Cigarettes after Sex > Savages > Mark Lanegan > Prophets of Rage with only missing a bit of the beginning of Mark Lanegan. I'm glad I'm camping at the Hive Wednesday night as that will be a busy early afternoon. 

4 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Oy yes you're right, what was the clash of sunday ? I know there was a big one but dont remember; there was also New Order / Paul McCartney

Edit : It was Skunk Anansie vs Florence!

skunk anansie vs fatm is hardly a big clash imo :)

11 minutes ago, thetime said:

Never got that either, could understand for a sigur rid or xx but not arcade fire.

Their music is much more suited to the dark, and is more danceable than Kings of Leon, so it seems a bizarre choice to have them that way round. Whilst their stageshow isn't on a Sigur Ros level, it will definitely be way above what someone like KOL will bring.