Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Biffy,, Kasabian, Killers, Weeknd, Zara L, Mo, Feeder, Prodigy, Jamie T, Chase and status, Blossoms, Slaves, 

what a final announcement that would be... i can dream

Think you can really rule out Kasabian too. You could pre-order the new album in order to get pre-access to the ticketsale of their upcoming tour. Wouldn't be logical, one day later, to announce them for RW2017. Sorry!

Edited by DaveRSV4

1 minute ago, DaveRSV4 said:

Think you can really rule out Kasabian too. You could pre-order the new album in order to get pre-access to the ticketsale of their upcoming tour. Wouldn't be logical, one day later, to announce them for RW2017. Sorry!

I don't think there is a link cause Kasabian was announced last week at Bobital, they are talking about headline shows in this offer, so Kasabian are not ruled out ;)

7 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

I don't think there is a link cause Kasabian was announced last week at Bobital, they are talking about headline shows in this offer, so Kasabian are not ruled out ;)

ok, but If "die-hard" belgian fans were able to pre-order the album until today, to get pre-access to the tour, wouldn't it be a bit ridiculous if Kasabian was announced today at Werchter?  for example say Kasabian is added on sunday, which is sold out. Seems like we get Kasabian thrown in for "free" and those who pre-ordered the album, can't buy a day-ticket anymore. Just an idea...

BTW: I'm so hoping I'm wrong! ;)

Edited by DaveRSV4

I am in the Biffy camp (and biased as I´m Scottish). A question that I asked last week but slipped under the radar I think:

For anyone flying to Belgium and camping in the past, have you found it easier to pay the extra baggage and take your own camping stuff, or buy cheaply once in Belgium to just leave it there?

Thanks in advance for advice, and fingers crossed for an exciting last announcement!

4 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

ok, but If "die-hard" belgian fans were able to pre-order the album until today, to get pre-access to the tour, wouldn't it be a bit ridiculous if Kasabian was announced today at Werchter?  for example say Kasabian is added on sunday, which is sold out. Seems like we get Kasabian thrown in for "free" and those who pre-ordered the album, can't buy a day-ticket anymore. Just an idea...

Let's see what happens at 4pm, but I think there's a chance for Friday. Indeed Sunday would be surprising with this offer !

New Rag'n'Bone clip ! Who's next today x) 

28 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

Slaves are ruled out. But yeah, you can dream :D 

thanks, i must of forgot, but saves disappointment

25 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Bringing disappointment in tiny bits.... Also Zara L is ruled out... Sorry bro.

cheers, can focus on the others now!

21 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

disagree, are we talking pre sale over here or in belgium?

27 minutes ago, PopsiclesandCrisps said:

I am in the Biffy camp (and biased as I´m Scottish). A question that I asked last week but slipped under the radar I think:

For anyone flying to Belgium and camping in the past, have you found it easier to pay the extra baggage and take your own camping stuff, or buy cheaply once in Belgium to just leave it there?

Thanks in advance for advice, and fingers crossed for an exciting last announcement!

I've always just took my stuff with me and ditched the tent there but brought back sleeping bag etc.

36 minutes ago, PopsiclesandCrisps said:

Hi mate, you travelling from Scotland? if so, what airport?

We've done a load of foriegn festivals travelling from Edinburgh, both camping and non-camping. I'd say definitely bring checked luggage and split the cost between ur party. Usually 3/4 of us but sometimes much more. We have one case with all the essentials for going abroad.

• Tent
  • Extra Tarp that can fit over your tent (incase torrential rain, you DO NOT wanna be left with a flooded tent in another country this also helps with insolation against various weather types.)
  • Extra guy ropes (for tying tarps down etc, fixing things with tents)
  • camping mats/inflatable matresses etc (essential for lasting as you have no home comforts for the week or so that you may be away)

Things we generally don't worry about is the likes of taking alcohol with us to wherever we are going, there are always going to be shops and its usually heavy. Hand luggage wise we take all our clothing and toiletries for the weekend and if u have the luxury of another case then i'd say spare shoes in there with sleeping bags etc.

We just leave the tent but always in a tidy fashion. :)!

10 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

To be honest, I'm not sure it will even be the last announcement. If they have 10 more names and at least 2 of them are important ones, I wouldn't be shocked if they split them in two.

When the count went upto 64 acts on March 10th they said "we know about 85% of the total line up"... which would mean 100% is 75.3.

We now have 71 acts so I'd be surprised if the total isn't 75-77 acts... maybe 78 if they didn't use a calculator :lol:

1 hour ago, SilverLining said:

Hi mate, you travelling from Scotland? if so, what airport?

We've done a load of foriegn festivals travelling from Edinburgh, both camping and non-camping. I'd say definitely bring checked luggage and split the cost between ur party. Usually 3/4 of us but sometimes much more. We have one case with all the essentials for going abroad.

• Tent
  • Extra Tarp that can fit over your tent (incase torrential rain, you DO NOT wanna be left with a flooded tent in another country this also helps with insolation against various weather types.)
  • Extra guy ropes (for tying tarps down etc, fixing things with tents)
  • camping mats/inflatable matresses etc (essential for lasting as you have no home comforts for the week or so that you may be away)

Things we generally don't worry about is the likes of taking alcohol with us to wherever we are going, there are always going to be shops and its usually heavy. Hand luggage wise we take all our clothing and toiletries for the weekend and if u have the luxury of another case then i'd say spare shoes in there with sleeping bags etc.

We just leave the tent but always in a tidy fashion. :)!

Hey buddy, living in Barcelona these days so will be flying from there. Whereabouts you coming over from? 

Just my girlfriend and I travelling from here, but really appreciate all the information above, really helps!

You flying in with a crowd then? Look forward to bumping into some fellow countrymen for a wee jig and a swally ;)

13 minutes ago, PopsiclesandCrisps said:

Hey buddy, living in Barcelona these days so will be flying from there. Whereabouts you coming over from? 

Just my girlfriend and I travelling from here, but really appreciate all the information above, really helps!

You flying in with a crowd then? Look forward to bumping into some fellow countrymen for a wee jig and a swally ;)

theres just 3 of us heading to RW this time, we're flying from Edinburgh on the Weds. I can PM u my facebook or whatever if u want :)

7 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

theres just 3 of us heading to RW this time, we're flying from Edinburgh on the Weds. I can PM u my facebook or whatever if u want :)

Will probably see you on the flight then B) think there's 9 or 10 of us flying from Edinburgh on the Wed (morning I think, someone else was sorting flights)