Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

We have more than enough:

Pop(py) acts: Dua Lipa, Birdy, Charli XCX, Imagine Dragons, Lorde, Chainsmokers, G-Eazy, Passenger, Kodaline, Oscar & The Wolf, Bazart, Blink 182, Jain, Crystal Fighters...

Rock-out-with-your-cock-out acts: System Of A Down, Dropkick Murphys, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, Frank Carter, Jimmy Eat World, Royal Blood, Prophets Of Rage, Nothing But Thieves, Kings Of Leon...

I think we need some more middle sized alternative acts. Really. 

And a more classic act. 

Frank Carter, Nothing but Thieves and KoL a "rock out with your cock out" bands? One could also argue that Linkin Park and Prophets of Rage were more of a hiphop kind of a rock, not alternative rock.  

...btw, I love that Lemmy quote ;) 

6 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

imagine dragons, chainsmokers, g-eazy, blink, kodaline ar enot poppy acts,

KOL are not rock out....

you have no clue

And you wonder why people react negatively to you....

I'd say they are pop acts too especially Imagine Dragons and Kodaline, but obviously categorising acts is subjective to the ear. 

Edited by idioteque87

2 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Kodaline = rock/indie

Imagine dragons Rock - listen to battle cry, warriors, radioactive, its's not pop dude

We obviously have different interpretations of what "Rock" is... 

I'm not saying i'm right or you're wrong either. But I also wouldn't shoot someone down for thinking differently to me... 

Edited by idioteque87

15 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

imagine dragons, chainsmokers, g-eazy, blink, kodaline ar enot poppy acts,

KOL are not rock out....

you have no clue

I'd put Chainsmokers, G-Eazy, Kodaline, Imagine Dragons as poppy acts
KOL and Blink as Rock Out (but probably with cock remaining securely tucked away! haha)

I for one don't really care what a band is classed as  - if i like it  - i like it!

Luckily for me I like a magnitude of acts at this festival from classic Jazz (System, of a Down) to Thrash Metal (Benjamin Clementine)

So I'm very happy

See you all there

Stay Happy People :D

1 hour ago, idioteque87 said:

Any chance of Foals being announced? Not one of my favourite bands but a band I've never seen before, always looked quite good live. 

Wouldn't mind Foals myself, but don't count on it. They played at Werchter last year. The Barn is luckily well-constructed cause Foals nearly smashed it to pieces.  They're not quite good live, they're amazing. One of those bands that exist oto play live and sound so much rougher, more thrilling,... on stage than when you listen on album. Be sure to check them out and be blown away when you get the opportunity.;) If they don't come to Werchter this year, I guess (or hope) Pukkelpop will add them to their 2017 line-up.

31 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

Wouldn't mind Foals myself, but don't count on it. They played at Werchter last year. The Barn is luckily well-constructed cause Foals nearly smashed it to pieces.  They're not quite good live, they're amazing. One of those bands that exist oto play live and sound so much rougher, more thrilling,... on stage than when you listen on album. Be sure to check them out and be blown away when you get the opportunity.;) If they don't come to Werchter this year, I guess (or hope) Pukkelpop will add them to their 2017 line-up.

Foals were absolutely amazing last year. Best show in last edition in my opinion. It would be the best repeat booking for me but I agree with you,  its pretty unlikely 

1 minute ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

what's the chances we don't even get the full.line up today

Since we're expecting a fair few larger names than we got the last few weeks, I wouldn't be suprised if they cut the remaining batch in two announcements. At the moment, I find that even more likely than a name drop of all remaining (11-12?) acts today.