Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

30 minutes ago, arcuse said:

RTJ as Barn headliner would be a joke whereas you had Tame Impala, Beck, New Order, PJ Harvey etc in the Barn last year.. Not that RTJ is a bad act or anything, it's just you expect some bigger acts. I'm hoping for Fleet Foxes, Van Morrison, ATCQ, Belle & Sebastian, Royksopp and Ryan Adams (brilliant album btw) But yeah.. Those r just hopes :/ 

Could The Cult be in the same position as Iggy Pop last year or are they sub-worthy?

All those last year act you mentioned bar Tame Impala weren't Barn headliners but were much better then the headliner they subbed for in my eyes:P

Maybe we'll get one of those you mentioned but none of them is equivalent size-wise to 2016 Barn acts in my opinion although I would love to have most of them.  

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, kris0624 said:

It depends how much you class as a few beers. I ran out of tokens last year on the Sunday afternoon when I prebought 80, drinking a reasonable amount so going to buy 100 tokens this year. We also have a couple of drinks at the cash bars on the main road though, in addition.

Thanks Kris, think I'll be looking at 60-80 then as I don't plan to spend too much on food inside the festival (for example I don't plan on eating in the sit down restaurant or eating Steak every night).

Does anyone think Pete Doherty is a possibility? He's one of the names added for Benicassim and is already booked for a festival in France on the same days. Would he fit?

1 hour ago, arcuse said:

Royksopp is tho, I think? Fleet Foxes comback and rarity makes me think they could headline the Barn aswell. BKS is nowhere near a comparison with RW. They've a totally different view of setting up their program. Reckon that the average RW go-er wouldn't even know about 50% of the acts of BKS. Also you've to agree that with those 2 very expensive headliners that there isn't much room left for a thirth big act.. I'm curious for Friday since there wasn't an announcement today :/ 

Well, I guess this year everything is possible... and why not compare with BKS? I admit they have a different target audience (although I wonder how much the average BKS go-er this year would know about the rest of the lineup) and of course RTJ is their smallest headliner this year, but when you look at their past headliners, they have always been acts that could at least be Barn headliner or sub at Werchter (some even headlined RW: Arctic Monkeys and Editors). With the exception of Jamie XX perhaps. 

I'm also very curious about the remaining names! Let's hope there's some good stuff left to be added. 

1 hour ago, AndrewSmith said:

Thanks Kris, think I'll be looking at 60-80 then as I don't plan to spend too much on food inside the festival (for example I don't plan on eating in the sit down restaurant or eating Steak every night).

Does anyone think Pete Doherty is a possibility? He's one of the names added for Benicassim and is already booked for a festival in France on the same days. Would he fit?

I planned the same last year r.e the food (I'm not a big eater and at festivals I tend to eat less than normal) but the food was so good I just kept buying more :lol:.

I spent about 120 tokens last year but I did buy a lot of cocktails.

If RTJ is the Sat barn headliner I'll be well sad at the clash. 

11 minutes ago, Apocalyptica said:

Little off topic. But where should I stay for 3 nights before concert. Brussels or bruges? Any help appreciated. 

I say Gent. There are lot of things to do and it is one of the most beautiful city I've ever visit.

edit: for 3 nights maybe Brussels is better even if I prefer Gent.

It depends from what you are searching for.

Edited by alan_ts

12 minutes ago, ThePushover said:

In terms of tokens, can you change them back? 

Also is there a supermarket near the site to buy booze and food from/can you bring it back into the campsite?

I'm almost 100% sure you can't change the tokens back (unless there's some secret exchange centre they're very good at hiding). See here for more info on tokens: http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/tickets/drink-and-food-coupons 

Quite a lot of people head in to Leuven which is the nearest town. Your festival ticket allows you to go on the Leuven bus for free. You can bring food and drink into the campsites, but only food into the arena :-) 

6 minutes ago, Candan said:

Hello guys, 

My wishlist looks like this: MGMT, Courtney Barnett, Interpol, The Libertines, Elbow, Tame Impala. Do you think any of these bands has a shot for the last announcement?

Welcome to the forum! But sorry to disappoint you, because none of these acts are likely to be added... :-(

SWMRS are supporting Blink-182 in Berlin on the 29th. Would love them as the final piece of the puzzle on Saturday.

Frank Carter - SWMRS - Seasick Steve - Jimmy Eat World - Blink 182 - System of a Down - Linkin Park

To me is as close to a perfect festival day as I've ever had.

1 hour ago, Apocalyptica said:

Little off topic. But where should I stay for 3 nights before concert. Brussels or bruges? Any help appreciated. 

I had a wonderful time in Bruges, its such a beautiful place  but for me full  3 days are too much. Did you think of combining both? 

8 hours ago, Apocalyptica said:

I would stay in Ghent if i was you. Lovely / lively city in between Bruges and Brussels, and also worth a visit. Not as populair with tourists, but more to see / to do there than Bruges (1day visit there is enough) imo. Bruges and Brussels are half an hour by train from Ghent. 

34 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

I would stay in Ghent if i was you. Lovely / lively city in between Bruges and Brussels, and also worth a visit. Not as populair with tourists, but more to see / to do there than Bruges (1day visit there is enough) imo. Bruges and Brussels are half an hour by train from Ghent. 

So you are suggesting to live in Ghent for 3 nights and to do daytrips in brussels and bruges tight? Ghent is beautiful in night too? Are there enough pubs open at night? 

1 hour ago, Apocalyptica said:

So you are suggesting to live in Ghent for 3 nights and to do daytrips in brussels and bruges tight? Ghent is beautiful in night too? Are there enough pubs open at night? 

There are plenty of pubs (I've drunk the best belgian beer in Ghent).

http://vooruit.be/nl/agenda

This is a multi-cultural club (cafè, club etc).

In the very centre of the city there are a few stands that sell escargot, I hate them but I don't know why (maybe because it makes me feel in holiday) I always eat a bowl of them :):) 

Edited by alan_ts