Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, rafaleon said:

Hello, guys, how are you doing?

So, I will be in Europe backpacking in June (from Brazil), then I couldn´t resist and just booked the tickets + the Hive Resort for RW.

So, since I´ll be carrying my backpack with all my stuff (I travel light, so it´s a 50 L), I wonder if there´s a 100% safe locker inside for me to leave the more valuable stuff or should I arrange to leave them somewhere in Brussels?

I wonder too if is it cool to hang out at the Hive Resort during the day, before the gigs begin. Can anybody comment on that?

Thanks in advance!

Hey!! Peruvian here, we r going to RW too, Im in the same situation, but they have lockers!

C yah!

49 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Jeeeeeez marrin garrix and sigala have gotta be up there... sigala i would tip quite likely as he has only recently made

Martin Garrix is already playing Tomorrowland (3 times, actually) so luckily that's not going to happen. Thanks to Tomorrowland RW can easily skip past all those real EDM acts being around every year (Martin Garrix, David Guetta, ...).

7 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Martin Garrix is already playing Tomorrowland (3 times, actually) so luckily that's not going to happen. Thanks to Tomorrowland RW can easily skip past all those real EDM acts being around every year (Martin Garrix, David Guetta, ...).

Sigh ... narrow mindedness starts again because someone mentions an artist that makes dance music ... its a shame, variety is the spice of life ... there is more out there than just rock dude... live a little 

Just now, Skankhunt42 said:

Sigh ... narrow mindedness starts again because someone mentions an artist that makes dance music ... its a shame, variety is the spice of life ... there is more out there than just rock dude... live a little 

Aren't you the guy who was screaming from the top of his lungs how crappy he thought Arcade Fire was and how he didn't understand how people could listen to them?? ;):P 

1 minute ago, Gossard said:

Aren't you the guy who was screaming from the top of his lungs how crappy he thought Arcade Fire was and how he didn't understand how people could listen to them?? ;):P 

Yep i checked them out gave them a fair go i assume thats more than u lot do before deciding u dislike an artist .. correct me if im wrong but do you think they are dance music? If not i fail to see what you are getting at?

2 minutes ago, jlillycrop said:

Zzzzz so much bitching. 
Getting really boring now - lets move on shall we.

Totally agree, i should stop voicing my opinion as it hurts the hardline rockers... fingers crossed we get some dance acts, good pop acts, a decent rap/hip hop act and a few more decent rock outfits and we will be away.

40 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

My Spring concert list is ranging from indie to punk to metal to electronic to hiphop. How so, a narrow minded rocker? I just prefer to not have USB-stick "plug-and-pretend-to-play" DJ's on the lineup, especially since they're considered among the more expensive acts in the touring circuit. And before you attack me on that expression: yes, the likes of Dimitri Vegas, David Guetta or Avicii are known for using prerecorded sets and not hiding it. 

8 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

My Spring concert list is ranging from indie to punk to metal to electronic to hiphop. How so, a narrow minded rocker? I just prefer to not have USB-stick "plug-and-pretend-to-play" DJ's on the lineup, especially since they're considered among the more expensive acts in the touring circuit. And before you attack me on that expression: yes, the likes of Dimitri Vegas, David Guetta or Avicii are known for using prerecorded sets and not hiding it. 

I watch someone for the atmosphere and sound ... so long as its not boring and repetitve s'all good .. cheer up 

53 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Totally agree, i should stop voicing my opinion as it hurts the hardline rockers... fingers crossed we get some dance acts, good pop acts, a decent rap/hip hop act and a few more decent rock outfits and we will be away.

Hey buddy, no one is against you. There's a certain level of expectations when you're going to the same festival over and over again. I won't buy a ticket for tomorrowland if Im looking for a festival to see Pearl Jam, Bastille and Run The Jewels right? RW doesn't book many USB-sticks DJ's and artists that relies heavy on playback and usually only few of them get a high spot. Take for instance 2015's Pharrel Williams show: In another situation it might have been a fun show and I know a few people that did enjoy it but even they agreed that it was weird experiencing it at Werchter, it was just a bad fit.

So yeah, the hours of darkness are a limited resource and most RW regulars prefer to enjoy it in live shows.

16 minutes ago, rafaleon said:

so, you guys think there is any point in arriving in the 28th? or should I just show up in the morning of the first day? again, thanks in advance from brazil! 

Get there day early, soak up the atmosphere and slowly get into the festival. You will get your bearings and be more chilled.

I always get to festivals early to feel relaxed, rather than rush rush rush. I'm going to sziget 3 days before the music starts... :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Skankhunt42 said:

No narrowmindedness. It's just that the EDM artists mentioned are shit.

9 hours ago, e2p2 said:

Hey buddy, no one is against you. There's a certain level of expectations when you're going to the same festival over and over again. I won't buy a ticket for tomorrowland if Im looking for a festival to see Pearl Jam, Bastille and Run The Jewels right? RW doesn't book many USB-sticks DJ's and artists that relies heavy on playback and usually only few of them get a high spot. Take for instance 2015's Pharrel Williams show: In another situation it might have been a fun show and I know a few people that did enjoy it but even they agreed that it was weird experiencing it at Werchter, it was just a bad fit.

So yeah, the hours of darkness are a limited resource and most RW regulars prefer to enjoy it in live shows.

Don't forget Black Eyed Peas after Iron Maiden in 2011, that was a weird knight.....and BEP boring as hell IMO

45 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Wolfmother must be VERY likely now...

16788610_596974807168210_4991164048524443648_n.jpg

I would love this! 

Seems to be a bit of doom and gloom about the forum at the moment - personally I think there is some good stuff to come.

It's just the nature of drip feeding acts - you will get a few who you're not that bothered for. 

Personally there has been one or two I'm interested in on the last announcements - but depending on whats to come/clashes, doesn't mean i wont go watch someone new.

Last year, it got stronger as announcements went on, just need to be patient. 

RW introduced me to a few new bands over the years, and I have every confidence it will again.