Chavmeisterdeluxe

2000 Trees

183 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

That's fair I guess! You can;t help but compare but then that said I don't think there is a previous year I'd have chose to attend either.

So if you've never attended the festival, never would have based on previous line-ups and seemingly never will want to attend, why criticise the festival? Clearly it's not the festival for you.

1 hour ago, Gozpot said:

So if you've never attended the festival, never would have based on previous line-ups and seemingly never will want to attend, why criticise the festival? Clearly it's not the festival for you.

Previous to last which I'd made clear I went to, for Saturday anyway so based on last year.

Not sure it's so much a criticize, I think it's shame there isn't more that I like as I enjoyed it last year and for the money it was joint outside of Glasto for a fest for me. This being said, based on just a cheaper day it was about equal compared and after a 2nd look back at 2015 Thursday and Saturday had a couple of but not a days worth....Alkaline Trio do stick out.

The thing is tickets are more than next year and apparently going up again soon, so in terms of value for money it's not as good as last year 

Honestly, I think the undercard is a stronger this year. Heck, I'd even say the headliners are stronger. Most of the those headliners tours were bigger than Refused tour last year. Think it's still good value and a great fest. Think I'm still gonna wait until stage splits/clash finder is announced first though but reckon I'll go again this year

3 hours ago, justanothername said:

Honestly, I think the undercard is a stronger this year. Heck, I'd even say the headliners are stronger. Most of the those headliners tours were bigger than Refused tour last year. Think it's still good value and a great fest. Think I'm still gonna wait until stage splits/clash finder is announced first though but reckon I'll go again this year

Yeh I think I'll probably be back this year, I had such a good time last year and after raving about it to everyone when I got back I think my group might be growing by a few this year.

Am I right in thinking you worked it with oxfam last year or was it someone else on the forums? How was that?

3 hours ago, tyranicide said:

Yeh I think I'll probably be back this year, I had such a good time last year and after raving about it to everyone when I got back I think my group might be growing by a few this year.

Am I right in thinking you worked it with oxfam last year or was it someone else on the forums? How was that?

I didn't do Oxfam but direct with the fest itself. I recommend doing it that way unless you're doing a few fest's with Oxfam. I can do a far more detailed post about the whole thing when I get home if you or anyone else wants me to do that?

Headliners might be bigger but I wouldn't take any of them over Refused or Twin Atlantic personally. Frank Carter a good one but a year or two from being big enough to headline or co headline for me. 

21 hours ago, justanothername said:

I didn't do Oxfam but direct with the fest itself. I recommend doing it that way unless you're doing a few fest's with Oxfam. I can do a far more detailed post about the whole thing when I get home if you or anyone else wants me to do that?

Yes please, I think I'll probably go as a punter but I'm interested to hear about it