Best place to camp- in your opinion?

Doug85

I've never been able to pin down what the smell in Bushy Ground is - it causes me confusion. I have camped near the Pyramid (Hitchin Hill) not a bad spot especially as that was our first year (it was also the year we left our tent in the car, but we will just forget about that!)

Bushy Ground has been the spot of choice since then, mainly because I have never minded walking far without my stuff but hate walking far with my stuff. It is a trek to SE Corner but I only go back to the tent to sleep!

Yes, my thoughts exactly. Without my bag, tent and wheelbarrow full of cider slowly me down, I can happily trek around the site all day. So much to do and look at while en route to each destination! 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, my thoughts exactly. Without my bag, tent and wheelbarrow full of cider slowly me down, I can happily trek around the site all day. So much to do and look at while en route to each destination! 

I never actually manage to make it to a destination without getting distracted, eating, getting a cold drink or changing my plan completely. Always spaces in Bushy Ground to and you can have plenty of room around the tent, neighbours are quiet enough to :) 

What is the general feeling about camp spots near the pyramid i.e michaels mead, hawkwell or Big Ground???

I camped in Michaels Mead the first year I went. It was pretty steep and I ended up sliding down my tent and in a heap come morning. The last 4 years I have camped in Bottom Webbs Ash... Where the B is under the tree. image.thumb.jpeg.8ca5101fa95116ef277ea56

Edited by Curlygirl

I camped in Michaels Mead the first year I went. It was pretty steep and I ended up sliding down my tent and in a heap come morning. The last 4 years I have camped in Bottom Webbs Ash... Where the B is under the tree. 

This is clearly where all the hip, happening folks hang out.

Apart from that big group that woke up and stuck some bloody awful radio station on, far too early every day.

You sure do have to be brave to camp in Park Home because if you take my spot I swear...

I did camp at the bottom, but the Other Stage is louder than Arcadia ever will be and there didn't seem to be more people walking through the field at night. They put up a large metal screen at the bottom of the field that hid the toilets from the Other Stage which made my local loos usually clean with never a queue! Lovely.

But there was a seagull fight one morning so don't camp there. Very dangerous place.

You'd have to be pretty brave, but if you know you're going to stay out late every night, then Park Home is tempting.  Being right next to the spider means it doesn't fill up as quick (or didn't in 2014) and is really central.

Before the Arcadia move, it was my field of choice :( Such a brilliant spot in 2013, wasn't to crowded, nice long drops nearby, even a water tap that wasn't to bad for queues in the morning, flatish land, never to everything!

Spider is only on til 3am or so I think, so its not super late even if you are not an all night person. The only that worries me about the spot now, is the crowds, going to that seems more rife for theft/accidents of people tramping through. (Bit like my fears of Oxlyers in a way!)

Edited by LondonTom